Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manual / rode dropper posts. Wherefore art thou?
  • DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I’m looking for a manual / rodeo dropper post (no remote) that I can whack on the Stache when I’m arsing around on the bike, and then take it off super easily when doing more miles.*

The cheapo Decathlon one is now OOS. Does anyone else have any real world experiences of any others? Apart from 10yr old Joplins, if any have managed to survive this long…

*I know I don’t NEED one, I can still ride with the post up or drop it at the collar, I just want one.

ajantom

There was a link for some KS eTens on eBay the other day for £50 a pop. 27.2 size so you might need to shim it up.
    I got one and ridden it a couple of times and it seems good so far.

ajantom

Here you go, some still available.
    KS eTen dropper

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Ooh, useful, thanks!

Any other options?

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

http://www.jungleproducts.co.uk/ks/exaform-speed-up

I have recently got one of these. I’m chuffed to bits with it. Wanted a simple, no frills, unlikely to fail, system of having post up or down but better than a quick release.

Worth noting – it’s designed to work properly when the seatpost shaft is clamped in the bike. When I tried it in the shop (still in the packaging) I was a bit dubious of its quality. However, put it on the bike and give the stanchion a spray with silicone seal and it’s great. Post can stop at any part i.e. not just fully up or fully down. Exactly what I was looking for. Highly recommended so far.

Not sure it’d be good for trail centre riding (constantly having post up or down) but for riding in the hills when it’s either up for the grind up the peak or along the flat or slammed down for the descent it’s perfect. And it’s relatively light.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Also useful, cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manual / rode dropper posts. Wherefore art thou?’ is closed to new replies.