Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Manners Maketh the Man
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

OK, I could probably have put this in the Bike forum.

I’ve been to Derbyshire today and enjoyed some lovely sunshine and riding. But, I’ve been the victim of bad manners seemingly all day!

Climbing up the Roman Road from Hope we kept swapping places with a large group. At the last gate before Hope Cross they were ahead and were letting people through. I was 10 feet behind their last rider but they let the gate swing closed for me! I would have offered to close it if they’d held it open!

Then, riding up and out of Jaggers Clough I was sticking left to avoid the stupid steps. Some gimp came belting down that side and forced me over so I had to interrupt the climb and deal with a step! If I’d been riding down there I’d have happily been hitting all the steps.

Then, heading out to Pindale top some woman held the gate for me, but closed it on my mate. Why?

Finally, we got blocked behind some nice gent in a red Jag coming back down the M1.

Middle lane empty. Inside lane empty. But he would not budge. I don’t like flashing (my lights) and I won’t undertake.

Eventually he started making rude gestures at me.

Anyway – I enjoyed the ride 🙂 Which I guess is the main thing.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

World is full of cocks.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but you’re not ver very polite or respectful yourself, so what d’you expect?

tazzymtb

it’s not bad manners, they just don’t like you 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

you use that log in and you complain about manners can I introduce you to Karma?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dr… I could read your post, but what would be the point? I’m just gonna tell you to fk off anyway 😀

Ambrose

As Junkyard.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Get a boat and go to sea! The numpty effect is least prevalent there.

loddrik
    Free Member

The world is full of whiners more like…

I too was at jaggers clough today but regrettably I didn’t run anyone off the road. (must try harder…)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I’m quite nice in real life!!!!

OK – I’m not.

djglover
    Free Member

MMMmmm Mince

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

My old man (god rest his soul) always said to me :
    “Two of the most important things in life are respect and manners.And guess what son,they are both free.”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Manners Maketh the Man’ is closed to new replies.