Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mankey gums/teeth,is it only me?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

What do you do to keep them hanging in there? 😀

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Seriously?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yes,half a lifetime of Dental problems

iDave
    Free Member

bit late for advice then? try brushing twice daily from a young age…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Accident at a young age(fell of a bike!) 😆

Bunnyhop

Yep I’m the same.

I have to have a deep gum hygenist appointment every 3 months. This is 30 minutes at a cost of £18 per 10 minutes.
    Every morning it’s inter dental brush time, using 3 different colours. Then a 10 minute electic tooth brush clean.

At night, its a 10 minute electic tooth brush clean and a good floss. All because I have gum disease.

I stongly advise seeing a good hygenist, otherwise you’ll start to lose your teeth.

Markie
    Free Member

Go to a good dentist and begin a restoration (or at the very least stabilisation!) program. Not cheap, but…

I understand they can now replace (by transplant from top of mouth, I think?) missing/eroded gum and fake teeth can be put in on titanium pegs that your jawbone grows around (I’ve got two after climbing accident!).

But seriously, see a recommended dentist and find out where you’re at. If you’re in Oxfordshire, I’d recommend ours – fantastic care.

Bunnyhop

A good dentist will measure into the gum to find out how much has receded.
    1mm or 2mm is normal, anything around the 5 – 8 mark isn’t too good, but as Markie said can be stabilised.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My dentist(NHS)says try to keep them clean or you may need false teeth soon.She impied falsies would be even worse.

MrNutt
    Free Member

just look on the bright side, you’ll be able to impress all your friends as you eat an apple through a tennis racket 😀

fear not your in bad company Mr “English Teeth” Nutt

Markie
    Free Member

My wife’s mother had false teeth fitted about four years ago, having previously had bridges of false teeth strung between her few remaining real ones. Her experience with false teeth was dreadful. They were permanently uncomfortable, but the thing she hated most (I think) was eating – it came so she wouldn’t eat with company. If you’d like to speak with her about her experience of them I’m sure she’d be willing, although it may not be what you want to hear.

Anyhow, after two years of this she went to our (no, no commission for me) dentist and subsequently began a program of inserting teh titanium pegs for fake teeth to go onto. Much as with the bridges above, she now has four pegs top and bottom and they permanently hold all the fake (maybe ceramic? they look totally real anyhow) teeth.Basically, there are alternatives to false teeth, but they’re not cheap.

Apropos of nothing (well, maybe a bit), when I was a child (in America) my dentist had a half(ish) life size photo of himself in a leather jacket, jeans and cowboy boots on the dentist’s room door. All his dental assistants wore denim mini-skirts and cowboy boots and mom used to make dad take me because whenever she went the dentist’d always go in for a kiss!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Accident at a young age(fell of a bike!)

And it buggered up your gums ? Or your ability to brush your teeth ?

“She implied falsies would be even worse.”

No kidding ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mankey gums/teeth,is it only me?’ is closed to new replies.