Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Manitou Tower Pro Forks 29" – Tapered Steerer
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi does anyone have any ride time on these looking for a stiff trail fork with good damping for a hardtail , reliability is it ok.
    Thanks

Rorschach
    Free Member

Whayouboughtnow Mr M?

Rorschach
    Free Member
    Jeffus
    Free Member

Want to get a 29er hardtail to race next year, I’m hopefully going to do a couple of duathlons so the 32lb Tracer maybe a disadvantage , the trails are usually non techy with steep climbs……. 😀 and as I’m a fat old fart I need all the help I can get.
    CRC have the Tower Pros £211 less a £10 code

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have a 120mm straight steerer

love QR15
    you need to get the right spring (email the states as I was in the “clydesdale” range they sent me one for free)
    the adjusters knobs actually make a difference you can feel
    has a “knock” now when rocked on the brake so needs some tlc

I’d buy another

any recommendations for a place to service them?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks Big n daft , didn’t realise they had a spring , thought they where an air fork will have to investigate them properly 😀

dantsw13

They run air and coil together. They are always well spoken of – I’ve just bought a set at 120 for my Ti Fireline.

five7five
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of 140s on my niner rip nine. I run them softish and they are superb at sucking up the little stuff with the spring and when the air takes over further thru the stroke the big stuff proves no problem either.
    Cak grafix and the 15qr is a little fussy until you get used to it.
    Overall tho I would say they work as well as the foxes I had before and if you add in the value for money factor they are a no brainier.
    Quality fork with reliability and great performance.

tonyg2003

Well I hope that they are good. I have a set in my garage waiting for my HT build.

five7five
    Free Member

You won’t be disappointed tony.

Mole
    Free Member

Also couldn’t resist at £200-be going on the Fireline i ordered today!

dantsw13

Fireline/Tower Pro is looking to be a popular combo!!! Hopefully get mine built as soon as my parents go home on saturday.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

How do they compare to Rockshox Recon silver TK ?

Caz xxx

Deveron53
    Free Member

Had a 140 pair for 700 miles of offroad, no real signs of wear. QR15 axle is a bit odd and can sometimes be fiddly.

Mole
    Free Member

Rude combo for 760 dantsw13. Will be 1st 29er for me-need more parts yet tho.

dantsw13

Caz, the Manitou is a much better fork, IMHO, more like a Rev RLT.

Mole, I’ve had my Fireline since the last O-O frame sale – last part turns up tomorrow 8)

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Hmmm chainreaction cycles, here I come!
    Thanks 🙂

Caz xxx

dantsw13

Just remember the brace on the lowers is behind the fork when fitting the Manitous, not in front as usual.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I bought the hubby a pair of Manitou marvel forks, he called me an idiot when I’d fitted them for him as he thought I’d put them on back to front! Lol, I thought blokes were supposed to be the spanner twirlers!
    He’s really a bit thick lol.

Caz xxx

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Tower Pro Forks 29" – Tapered Steerer’ is closed to new replies.