Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Manitou Skareb: peanuts or pants?
  • barn
    Free Member

hi all,

I inherited some Manitou Skarebs on a frame I wanted.
    They are 80mm, very light and all working well but have left stanchion damage (surface) from an off.
    No leaks or other issues – they ride fine.

Don’t want to price them incorrectly and upset anyone – what do you think they are worth?
    Offers below £40 sound fair…?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Not sure what they’re worth as they are flexy (but I like Manitous).

trail_rat
    Free Member

i borrowed a set o them once …. flexed so much under power they locked out 😀 – was cracking ! – went down a set of stairs in tht race and the lad infront was sure someone was shooting at him with a shot gun ! – was just my forks rebounding !

mieszko
    Free Member

My mate had various models from Comp to Super. Very light and good for XC. £40 should be a good price if the damage is not too bad and they have TPC damping. He now has a new model SID and says the difference in stiffness is big however it makes a great XC race fork (it’s under 1500g) if You’re on a budget. AFAIK he never had any problems with them and only ever needed oil changes.

oldgit
    Free Member

They were a great race fork not much cop on rocky trails though.
    I had three sets, poor mans SID.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

so flexy you will get rotor rub as the brakes won’t be centered once they flex with your weight.

keithb

I might actually be interested in those if you are selling.

Drop me an email – in profile – with pics if you like.

Cheers,
    Keith

epicsteve
    Free Member

My Epic originally came with a set of Skarebs on and I thought they were fine. They were replaced with Fox Floats then SID Team’s and while both of those were better I didn’t think the Skarebs were bad and went on to use them on a hardtail build for quite a while (until I sold it).

emac65
    Free Member

Half decent fork a few years ago but things have moved on,did a couple of Dyfi’s with mine,they survived(as did I).Then something went bang when I hit a rock with the lock out on & **** them up,I’d just bought some new Reba’s so swopped them over & never bothered having them repaired….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Skareb: peanuts or pants?’ is closed to new replies.