Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manitou R7 diagnosis…. I was just riding along… and….
  • bohngy
    Free Member

In a genuine "honest guv, I was just riding along" scenario, my Manitou R7s spontaneously empty of air. They now seem to hold pressure for about 20 minutes. When I turned the bike upside down to check the seals, oil slowly leaked from the seal between the sliders and stanchions!

Grrr…..

Does anyone have an idea what it might be, and can I fix it myself with a blowtorch and hammer? or maybe some positive thinking? I'm beginning to realise that manitou spares are as common as rocking horse poop, adorned with a scattering of hen's teeth…

thanks

colande
    Free Member

http://www.tftunedshox.com/service/manitou.aspx

speak to them they should be able to help

bohngy
    Free Member

Thanks Colande, but being rather skint at the mo, £80 for a service seems a little over the top. The forks only cost £140 new!

anyone have any DIY options?

glenh
    Free Member

My guess:
    Bust lower air chamber seal, allowing air into the lower leg and then slowly out via the wiper seals.

You can probably test this by taking the lowers off (make sure the pressure has gone first) and then putting a little air into the chamber and looking/listening for the leak.

Manitou spares are hard to come by as you say, but I'm sure TFT can probably sort you out.

glenh
    Free Member

p.s. service manuals are here:

15mm Hexlock SL Thru Axle

bohngy
    Free Member

thanks peeps…. I'll get out the toolbox (ooh errr) and see what I can do…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manitou R7 diagnosis…. I was just riding along… and….’ is closed to new replies.