Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Manitou OLD (69mm) post mount question
  • spongesteve
    Free Member

I have a 'vintage' Manitou SX ti fork which has an old 69mm post mount for disc brake.

The bikes been running rim brakes forever and its time to put a disc on it. I have an avid 160mm juicy.

I can get an adapter to convert from the old 69mm post moint to an IS mount from the likes of WooleyHatShop BUT it says I will then need to run a rotor 20mm larger. I dont want to run a 180 or 185 rotor.

Could I not just get a 140mm juicy IS adapter, use the 69mm to IS adapter and then use the 160mm rotor??

Next question – Do Avid do 140mm front IS mount adapters?

There was a post on STW I found where someone was selling a set of ultimates 140mm front AND rear so this suggests such a thing does exist, but google searches turn up bugger all.

Help anyone.

Cheers,

scaredypants

Not sure I'd recommend it, esp with hydraulics, but I dremelled a BB7 to fit a 69mm post

MrOvershoot

I made a set of Avid BB7's fit a set of SX ti forks by just filing the post mount slots out on the inside faces its only 2.5mm in on each mount.

Then just use whatever length 5mm bolts and washer combo that will suit your disk size.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Manitou OLD (69mm) post mount question’ is closed to new replies.