Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Manitou Minute Elite absolute fork – opinions?
  • Krooges
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying some – 2008 versions
    Does anyone have these? Opinions?

mamadirt
    Free Member

These?

Fantastic forks. Initially I bought the virtually identical looking 100mm Comp version as the Elites were out of stock, but on arrival they turned out to be coil sprung (they were listed as air) and despite fitting a softer spring they were still too hard for my light weight. I now have the 120mm Elites. Dead easy to set up for my weight, rebound adjustment works fine and the compression damping is a godsend. The compression dial on the Comps only seemed to affect the travel mid-stroke (not that I needed it anyway as they were too hard), but the flick switch on the Elites has 6 clicky settings ranging from plush to fully locked out (I find that I only use the first 3 settings as the final 3 all feel the same to me – locked out – though this may again be due to my weight). I’ve never had a fork with any degree of compression damping before so being able to lock the fork for the climbs is brilliant (the only downside being that as it locks fully extended, with zero sag, the fork does feel quite tall as opposed to sitting in its travel). Weightwise – they are waay lighter than the Marz Drop Offs they replaced. Mine have a steel steerer (the coil Comps had an alu steerer and weighed the same as the air Elites).

hugh_b
    Free Member

a friend has had some for a couple of months and they are fantastic, super plush, easy to set up and very light! He’s actually selling them as far as i know to get something with more travel! They are the 130mm bolt through versions if your interested?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hugh_b, i would be VERY interested if krooges isn’t…

tamarvin @ googlemail . com

jcromton
    Free Member

I was just about to send you a link to this thread Tom!

Krooges
    Free Member

sorry, I was a bit sketchy on the detail but I was asking about These 100mm versions

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lol, cheers chris 😉

hugh_b
    Free Member

will get my friend to e-mail you! He’s away this weekend but he’ll be back on Monday.

Hugh

mamadirt
    Free Member

Krooges – Member

sorry, I was a bit sketchy on the detail but I was asking about These 100mm versions

Yep, same as mine – but I have the 120mm thru-axle ones. Buy them!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Minute Elite absolute fork – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.