Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Manitou Mattoc hardtail set up tips
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So I just recently purchased a Stanton Switchback (1st gen 27.5) which came with Fox 32’s. After 2 noodly rides I got some Mattocs.
    Reduced down to 140mm and now looking for some advice to find a base tune.

SOAP
    Free Member

Forgot to ask about SAG.

gwurk
    Free Member

18-40% depending on bridleway use.
    apparently the longer and duller the bridleway the softer you need them

a retired* FIA Rally suspension technician told me so

*I think that’s how you spell it 😉

SOAP
    Free Member

What makes you think I ride Bridleways?

jamesoz

I used the suggested ‘enduro’ settings in the little leaflet supplied with the forks. Not had a chance to tweak from there as my back decided to go into spasm but a quick spin suggests it’s a good place to start.

I believe the bridalway thing was a dig at a poster who didn’t agree with Gwurk

gwurk
    Free Member

What makes you think I ride Bridleways?

phew…

Start somewhere around 20-25% sag. if you’re finding them too firm/not firm enough. (using too much/not enough travel) try a little more/less until you find your preference.
    A basic guide for doing it at home:
    While standing on the pedals. weight forwards biased roll along at walking pace. grab a handful of front brake while pushing down to the floor on the bars ar hard as you can. This will give you an idea of how stiff they are set up. You don’t want to be able to botto them doing this but you do want the to use ost of their travel (depending on how strong you are).
    this should be a good starting point.
    fine tune a little througout the first few rides.

SOAP
    Free Member

Nice one gwurk!
    if I could be arsed to do all that then I probably would not of wasted your time by asking on the forum.

Cheers Jamesoz I didn’t see the little booklet.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

Keep us posted on how they perform, fingers crossed for a 29er version. I have heard so many good things.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Mattoc hardtail set up tips’ is closed to new replies.