Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Manitou Mattoc – good/bad/indifferent?
  • legend
    Free Member

I seem to always have trouble resisting something that’s just a little different to the norm. So instead of Pikes and 36s I’ve been looking at Mattocs. Buying second hand which makes them much cheaper than Pikes (most owners seem to think they’re worth £400+?!) and potentially less trouble than 36s (old damper parts not available, stanchion wear always something to watch out for).

Anyone here got much to say about them? 15th hand stories always accepted 😉

woodster

They’re brilliant and I’d definitely still be running them if they made a 29 version Light, stff and good adjustment and the hydraulic bottom out control is awesome, really does make them feel bottomless.

I bought a pair with a ruined rebound cartridge which was a apian, but otherwise they seem really reliable.

The toolset they sell is pretty pricey, but you can cut a slot in a cassette tool and it works great and the rest you don’t need.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Love mine, had them about a year now and have had no issues with them. Running them on the hardtail the hydraulic bottom out is a godsend. I do like a good drop-off and they never give me that whiplash feeling that my old sektors did. Have some Pikes which came on another bike but prefer the Mattocs and would have them on both if I could.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Mattoc – good/bad/indifferent?’ is closed to new replies.