Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Manifestos…..
  • frankconway

So it all kicks off tomorrow.

Can’t wait for the number crunchers to analyse the various offerings; there willt be some reality gaps but some of the funding projections might – just -have a shred of credibility.

Will any party clearly say that they will end off balance sheet financing of public projects; public-private partnerships, PFI or whatever the current terminology is.
    That would be very welcome but I can’t see it happening.

All it does is transfer a limited level of short term risk onto a private sector profit-oriented organisation who/which then enjoys a guaranteed income stream for a minimum of 25 years.

Nationalisation, strong’n’stable, party for the working man etc – yawn.

I’ll save my thoughts about MPs benefits for another post but they deserve much scrutiny and significant amendment.

theotherjonv

I’m not quite sure why some parties publish a manifesto – the effort of a fully costed analysis of their public spending plans etc., when they are never going to get to implement it, and they know it.

I’m more interested with whether LibDem could be a credible opposition party instead of Labour.

Kryton57

For the first time ever, a website i can deal with – Lib Dems.

Manifesto page is big colourful push button squares entitled appropriately revealing the content behind. If only the other parties made it so easy.

*awaits stw comparison graph*

Kryton57

No way im voting for labour on the amount of money i earn 😉 😀

zippykona

Surely they are all worthless as they can just be written off the day after as a “mistake”.

IHN

Shouldn’t the plural be ‘manifesti’?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Seems labour have gone with a similar design to Lib Dems – wall of squares with more info underneath.
    http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017

Its a whole lot to read, so also a link to BBC summary
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39933116

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Can someone summarise who is telling the least amount of lies (probably wise to say as little as possible when the racket is so clear for people to see) and offers the best crumbs off the table for us disgusting plebs.

Kryton57

Can someone summarise who is telling the least amount of lies

Benny Hill.

kayla1
    Free Member

Meh. Numbers. Grey men and women, who shouldn’t be in charge of a dog never mind the country, rendering people down to numbers and costs on a spreadsheet.

Kryton57

rendering people down to numbers and costs on a spreadsheet

So, running a business then?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Meh.

revs1972
    Free Member

well the lib dems want to legalise cannabis, so that should get a few votes from the people on here 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Manifestos…..’ is closed to new replies.