Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Mango bikes cease trading
  • frankconway

Quite possible; it’s, maybe, one to follow – out of interest & curiosity.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Looks like Jamie Burrow was appointed on Oct 10th, the day it went pear shaped. Having worked at PX at the time, the sale was more of a Coup d’Etat against Dave L by some board members which he repelled and got rid of the rebels. I vividly remember a Henry V type speach by Barry Dunn post the events where he pleaded with the staff to stay loyal and not worry, within 3 weeks he was off to Go Outdoors, 6 months later everyone was sacked and some re-employed by an agency on zero hours contracts, nice.
    Brant left at the same time and set up Pact then Brants Pants and the rest is history….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you mean they have to pay tax because they don’t own an island in the BVIs to offshore it all

Well, that and he’s obviously good at making the money to offshore in the first place.

tdog
    Free Member

Shame but no surprise that this has happened tbf.

When I visited their small unit, they felt unorganised to a degree and the place ok in the setup if a little tight, not to mention they were on a tight schedule to put bikes together and get them out the door.
    The rack of frames in day glo colours were well nasty in all honesty and the quality of welding absolutely shocking on batch I saw.

I’m reckoning it’s a trial and error process in bike industry especially if limiting yourself to a tiny segment of it to customer niches.

At least they tried, felt completely underwhelmed having left their site mind.

jam-bo

so if mango bought vulpine, and mango have gone bust. why am I still getting emails from vulpine trying to flog me overpriced clothes?

thepodge
    Free Member

Mango didn’t buy Vulpine, a new company was set up to buy Vulpine by the owners of Mango.

wwaswas

This is all very interesting but when does the sale start?

frankconway

WW – if you’re referring to Vulpine, try Victor&Liberty; they are established stockists & typically about 20% off RRP.
    Have just been on Cycle Surgery website price checking some components; they have some Vulpine at 50% off RRP.

cookeaa

It’s a quiet afternoon so some google searching……

I think we probably need it all illustrating with some sort of 3D org’ chart, who’s held which role where and when. Work the connections far enough back and I’m sure we’ll get back to the Lizard people and/or Illuminaté. Paging JHJ…
    Tinfoil hat anyone?

frankconway

^^^HoHo.
    The connections are all current/recent.
    I would avoid any company where any of those named show up next.
    In this case past performance is probably a guide to the future 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Mango bikes cease trading’ is closed to new replies.