Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mangled/snapped XT shadow plus rear mech
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Before I throw it in the bin, my 2014 XT long cage 10 speed rear mech that filled with mud and an object which then made the chain jam and mangle the jockey wheel plates and split the drop link from the hanger in half. Are there any parts that are potentially of use on a replacement SLX shadow plus ie clutch parts? Only one jockey wheel survived totally unscathed, one is rough on its bearings with a gouged tooth. I can’t tell if the parallelogram survived without being bent too. I don’t tend to hoard mangled mechs and have no experience of dismantling the clutch parts or indeed if the clutch parts ever fail.
    Anyway rambling over…I await STWs wisdom on the matter.

Slogo
    Free Member

Sell it in the classifieds as slightly used, use a generic photo from the internet and paypal gift only.

Suggsey
    Free Member

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sell it in the classifieds as slightly used, use a generic photo from the internet and paypal gift only.

You are RealMan and I claim my £5.

matther01
    Free Member

I’d keep it. Wrote off an XT on my first ride with a bent parallelogram. Spares will come in handy as new parts cost a fortune. I think a replacement parallelogram was gonna be £30ish!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Can you get the dog bone drop link thingy then? I’d seen you can get the jockey wheel plates. It may be worth me resurrecting it as a spare if I can get that snapped bit.

matther01
    Free Member

Think shimano do a PDF with all the parts which have serial no’s. Then search the internet or drop Madison an email. Like I say…it could be pricey tho.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Found some of the parts listed on bike discount.de and yep, looks like it would add up to not far off the price of a new one…..I’ll keep it for spares, thanks for responses.

maxtorque

Yup, keep it for the clutch parts, like the one way roller clutch and the clamp spring etc!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ta maxtorque.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mangled/snapped XT shadow plus rear mech’ is closed to new replies.