Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Manflu club
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Nine days, still coughing, heads thumping. Passed onto the wife and grand daughter. Missus is going ballistic for my work not allowing any sick time off and making it worst.
    I feel proper depressed. God knows how people with real problems get on.

oldnick

Asthma kicked off 4 weeks ago, then a chest infection (1 week off self employed 🙁 ), seamlessly became a head full of snot, now a throat that feels as if it has ulcers on it.

All of which means my voice goes either Marcel Marceau/Adrian Mole/Barry White stylee which has made dating funny if unsuccessful.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Yep, similar symptoms here, asthma too so not a happy bunny 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Manflu came and went and I have to say, I soldiered on without too much fuss as it coincided with the recent high winds and people being off supply. However, it has left me with the mother of all ear infections which has left me trapped in bed as I’ve no balance and any sudden movement makes me want to hurl.

Do I still get entry into the club?

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m down with it too. Seems to happen every year at this time. Something to do with the lack of sunlight and dread of christmas I think.

darrell
    Free Member

in to my 2nd week with it and hacking up every morning what could be described as septic porridge

twoniner
    Free Member

Yeah, go it too. 4 Days in and it aint shifting. I’ve just finished for 3 weeks off work and this first week I don’t have my daughter. It’s typical, whenever I’m off and have a week to myself I’m either ill or the weathers stinking.

BoardinBob

Another victim here. Horrendous sore throat and now a chesty cough. Absolutely no energy. Spent three days on the couch and going up and down the stairs was a major achievement.

Alex

Came back from Spain into a world of Manflu. Battled on for four days at work, took to my bed with shivers/sweats (internet diagnosis suggested I was pregnant and/or going through the change 😉 ) for 36 hours. Now 1/2 snot, pair of mouselungs(tm) and hacking cough. Also have the Barry White thing.

Not been riding for 10 days. Getting very grumpy now. That cough with the sore throat is nice isn’t it 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Manflu utter bobbins you have a cold or something……. hate calling it Manflu but fill your boots.

I have had my share in the last few weeks, managed to stay upright for a funeral but on the 150 mile drive back home started shaking and shivering, so much snot and coughing my lungs up. Still not 100% now. It is really unpleasant.

muddyfool

Today is day 11 since the first sign of a sore throat, which quickly developed into a cough and general snottiness. It’s never been quite bad enough to have time off work (or avoid Xmas shopping) but bad enough to feel constantly tired.

Starting to wonder if it’s ever going to end, but as the OP says, it could be worse I suppose!

mudshark
    Free Member

Manflu utter bobbins you have a cold or something

Um manflu is where someone, usually a man, has a cold but makes a big fuss about it so you seem to have missed this….

grum
    Free Member

I feel proper depressed.

Nope.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Next October…

grum
    Free Member

Because the flu jab stops you getting colds? 😕

Pigface
    Free Member

Is there girl flu? kids flu? ooooh I am ill, I have a penis and testicles make a fuss of me, feel sorry for me, give me all your sympathy, shut up and MTFU 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You know that thing where you get snot, painful throat, aches and shivers, no energy, headache and you’re a man?

That’s called “flu”… 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Really wow who knew 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not you, apparently.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yawn

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is there girl flu? kids flu? ooooh I am ill, I have a penis and testicles make a fuss of me, feel sorry for me, give me all your sympathy, shut up and MTFU

I thought bird flu was the ladies equivalent 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Manflu is the result of natural selection. It saves us from over reaching while under performing.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Not manflu (obviously, I’m a lady) but coughing my lungs up for a week now. But on a positive note, I’ve got my voice back 😀

jambourgie
    Free Member

That’s just ‘Minor Women’s Sniffles’

Manflu is a different, ultimately terrible affliction.

*written from my deathbed on the sofa

Yak

2 weeks of various colds, stomach bugs, kids off school etc – missed brass monkey’s round 2….pah.

Not really any kind of flu, just grumbly stuff that stops fun stuff like riding bikes.

Russell96

Yup had that 2 week Manflu it just dragged on and on, one week clear then I caught another cold. Blame it on catching the Manflu was I was working down South then the cold on proper Northern Germs which don’t linger about with their affects.

tomhoward

Had a flu jab 2 weeks ago. I’ve been suffering from plague/mrsa/swineflu/birdflu/TB/whooping cough for the last 10 days.

But I don’t want to make a fuss.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Manflu – bah. I’ve got manpneumonia. Far worse.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Manflu club’ is closed to new replies.