Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Mandela's Memorial Fake Signer
  • PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

how this can happen I’m not sure and I’m not sure what to make of it but I thought it was worth a share.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/10510455/Nelson-Mandela-memorial-interpreter-was-a-fake.html

coolhandluke
    Free Member

its really wrong but it did make me chuckle.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrica

alpin
    Free Member

hahahahaha

Gary_M
    Free Member

But they must do security checks for anyone in that position surely?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I shouldn’t laugh but that is very funny.

Joe

TIA Brewwwww!

richpips
    Free Member

Maybe he’s the South African Bez.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How sad that the memorial for an influential world leader will be remembered for “selfies” and fake sign language, and not for the memory of the man.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

A genuine LOL thanks to Richpips!

DezB
    Free Member

god, that’s funny when you watch him on the video!

chewkw
    Free Member

😆

He could be using modern sign language …

Or a different dialect.

franksinatra

How sad that the memorial for an influential world leader will be remembered for “selfies” and fake sign language, and not for the memory of the man.

That is right, I have forgotten all about Mandela already 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member 

…but fortunate that this is unlikely to be the case! After the 24 hours news nonsense has moved on both stories will be forgotten but the “correct” or at least “more appropriate” memories will remain IMO.

Having worked/invested in SA for may years the faker story doesn’t shock that much!!!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did you hear Tutu’s house got burgled too?

chewkw
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Did you hear Tutu’s house got burgled too?

Is he very rich?

hofnar
    Free Member

Having lived there and in some other african countries can’t say I am suprised sadly.

matther01
    Free Member

Almost as funny as the fake interpreter for the Cheldea manager a few years ago

tpbiker
    Free Member

I think old Nelson himself would have had a smile at this one….

jon1973
    Free Member

That’s amazing. How did they think nobody would notice?

franksinatra

So apparently he has been seen at several Government functions.

I reckon it started as a small lie to help someone out or earn a bit of cash, then snowballed way out of his control. You can kind of imagine the lie getting bigger and bigger with his feeling of horror growing as he gets in it deeper and deeper. Each time he is asked it is for an event slightly larger than the last. He can’t back down as he will be rumbled and before you know it he is stood on stage next to Obama and a world audience of millions. If you watch it he has the face of a man who knows he is about to get in a lot of trouble

I could see this making quite a good film actually

wordnumb
    Free Member

You know, I thought there was something odd about him when I caught a little of Obama’s speech, which was inescapable on the tellybox. The signer looked like he was bricking it, I figured it must’ve been because it was a big gig.

jon1973
    Free Member

I reckon it started as a small lie to help someone out or earn a bit of cash, then snowballed way out of his control. You can kind of imagine the lie getting bigger and bigger with his feeling of horror growing as he gets in it deeper and deeper. Each time he is asked it is for an event slightly larger than the last. He can’t back down as he will be rumbled and before you know it he is stood on stage next to Obama and a world audience of millions. If you watch it he has the face of a man who knows he is about to get in a lot of trouble

😆 good call. He did look very uncomfortable. I think it’s slowly dawning on him that he may not get away with it.

There was an IT Crowd episode along the lines of a small white lie that gets out of control. Moss ends up working behind a bar and Roy ends up taken away in a mini bus for the disabled.

greeble
    Free Member

I found this video on you tube 1.37 in he’s there signing. I’m no expert but it looks the same as the manela signing

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFtRII0FM1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Clearly a loon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

May as well join in the fun! 🙂

Any relation, I wonder?

peterfile
    Free Member

flashy, the guy you’ve just posted above happens to be one of my most favourite people. Truly brilliant bit of footage 🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

organic355
    Free Member

did we see that he is claiming he was hearing voices and seeing angels?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25346253

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, what I said up there ^^!

“I was doing what I believe is my calling. I was doing what I believe … ” Can somebody sign that last bit for me?

toppers3933
    Free Member

While it is a serious oversight by someone and heads should indeed role, it is also very very funny.

khani
    Free Member

did we see that he is claiming he was hearing voices and seeing angels?

They were telling him, ‘you’re so screwed.. You’re so screwed..you’re so screwed’

clubber
    Free Member

From when Mandela met the Spice Girls

The meeting at Mr Mandela’s residence in Pretoria made headlines around the world at the time and made a strange spectacle with the singers in their flamboyant outfits and platform shoes. At one stage Geri gently rested her head on the then president’s shoulder like a favourite uncle.

Asked how he felt to meet the Wannabe singers, the 79-year-old Mandela responded: “I don’t want to be emotional but this is one of the greatest moments of my life.”

From what I’ve heard, he had a pretty irreverant sense of humour and would probably have found the signer (and the selfie) pretty funny.

deluded
    Free Member

I think he’s a distant relation of John McCririck.

franksinatra

did we see that he is claiming he was hearing voices

I’m sure the Secret Service will take a lot of comfort from knowing that they guy stood next to Obama wasn’t a security risk, he was just hearing voices telling him what to do 😯

franksinatra

From when Mandela met the Spice Girls

Who is this Mandela that you speak of ❓ 😉

organic355
    Free Member

Yep, what I said up there ^^!

where?

chewkw
    Free Member

I rather like the way the news focus on this fake signer as he has completely taken over the entire ceremony. 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

On a more serious note:

Apparently he is employed by the ANC, and has ‘signed’ quite a few events before, its all part of the corrupt South Africa that we have today.

Happy times.

cookeaa

I guess that’s the thing if you’re caught out you either hold your hands up and say “Fair cop it’s a little lie that just spiraled out of control” or you do what he’s chosen to do and claim that you are batshitcrazy and the angels and voices made you sign cobblers… clearly a die hard ultra-blagger.

He’ll have his own TV show before you know it…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Mandela's Memorial Fake Signer’ is closed to new replies.