Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 410 total)
  • Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No =- they guy was cycling down the street when a cop runs up to him. He stops -and the cop beats him to the ground with his baton, keeps beating him while he lies on the ground and then kicks him for good measure – then releases the youth completely allowing him to get up on his own. If the boy had been any threat do you really think they would have released him and let him stand up on his own?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I would prefer to see some “discipline” being handed out to people who were looting, rather than small boys riding their bikes down an otherwise deserted street

agree with Woppit. Cough.

Bet those manly tooled up cops in their armoured protective gear are well pleased with themselves smacking down some kids on bikes down a quiet sideroad. They strangely have a much more standoffish attitude down on the burning High Street where the real aggro (and cameras) is.

Wonder what those kids did though?

stumpy01

Elfinsafety – Member
    Ok then, so if you get pulled over for speeding, you think it would be ok for the police to drag you out of your car and give you a similar beating then?

If I had previously thrown a brick through a shop window, terrorised a little old lady, stolen some CK boxer shorts & waved a knife at staff in McDonalds then yes, I probably would expect to be dragged out of the car & given a beating.

watch it again you clown

NorthenStar – are you really a clown?!! Do you have one of those bow ties that whirls round?? How about a flower that squirts water. Please tell me you have a flower that squirts water??!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wors

Good on em i say, if they need any volunteers, i’ll be at the front of the queue. Scumbags.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Northernstar – what happened earlier is irrelevant. Even if the kid claimed to have a knife to keep beating him on the ground is uneeded and anyway they just leave him alone after the beating.

Okay clearly your vision and sixth sense is better than mine 😕

So perhaps if you were in the polices shoes trying to control rioters and looters what would your approach be? How would you deal with the sort of people who are smashing up your local town and burning your property?

Perhaps a quick slap on the wrist followed by a stern warning of ‘if you wouldn’t mind perhaps not doing that again’?

Only joking, but seriously if you are so quick to pass judgement I would like to know what you propose is the alternative?

Vern0n
    Free Member

I am not 100% sure they were under 18, though as we couldn’t see their ID. However perhaps if they had been arrested after their beatings then their ages could be verified”

In the meantime we can stop bleating on about child abuse then. I await the report that may or may not get filed when the police get round to it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why are people trying to give ‘the children’ excuses or trying to protect them?

OK from that particular video you cant work out the full scenario, but I’m going on the assumption that they had been involved in trouble, hence why the Police were obviously tracking them and asking them to stop, which by the way they actually increase their speed to get away, which is not logical if you havent done anything wrong..

Anyhow back to my point. These children stopped being children when they started lobbing bricks at Police and buildings and setting fire to stuff. Behave like animals and expect to take the consequences.

yossarian
    Free Member

NorthenStar – are you really a clown?!! Do you have one of those bow ties that whirls round?? How about a flower that squirts water. Please tell me you have a flower that squirts water??!!

And big curly shoes.

Looks excessive to me to be honest.

yoshimi

Good on em i say, if they need any volunteers, i’ll be at the front of the queue. Scumbags.

+1

Northwind

gravitysucks – Member

Watched it a couple of times now. It doesn’t look excessive to me. Firm and fast. They quickly and effectivly restrained the culprits.

I don’t see them being restrained though.

richc
    Free Member

OK, but I take it you agree that if you beat a child like that, you would be arrested for child abuse.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hence why the Police were obviously tracking them and asking them to stop, which by the way they actually increase their speed to get away,

the one that is beaten stops and does not resist in any way.

druidh
    Free Member

druidh – Member

To make an arrest would involve taking police off the streets back to the station to do all the processing and paperwork. Where would you rather they were deployed?

When it reaches the point where police resources are being overwhelmed by the scale of the offences, you can’t really expect them to be running back to the station with every minor offender. The alternative is to increase the police resources by supplementing them from elsewhere – the army for instance?

santacoops
    Free Member

The threat of a “dry bumming” from the police would be a lot more effective than the threat of arrest or even a beating. This would eliminate the detritus from our streets… or perhaps increase the homosexual male population.

highclimber
    Free Member

this vid is on Sky news soon, lets see what bullcrap Kay Burley says about it!

crankboy
    Free Member

“Does the vid show what went on before that promoted the people to be chased by the Police? ” No but it seems to suggest that there were two bodies of police a sweeping line seen at the very end that the youths are going away from and the group that cut them off.

“Is the zoom of the video good enough that you can see clearly whether or not the people are resisting arrest? “Yes very clear you see the boy put his bike down back off and get beaten and you see the other kicked on the ground

“Is the quality good enough to see whether the people being stopped had an weapons (knives etc.) that they may use against the police?” yes and of course not one of the officers thought any youth had a weapon you can tell this as despite having plenty of officers to do so not one youth is searched or arrested .

“Do we know what went on after the video stopped? No.” correct but we can see that the youths are all allowed to go on their way suggesting that either they had done no wrong or the police were playing at Judge Dredd and thought that the beating was enough.

“So, can anyone make a judgement as to whether it is right or wrong on the evidence? ” yes wrong! random beatings are not lawful and counter productive. Those lads now either think they can riot and get away with just a bit of stick or if they were not up to no good will now hate the police and may well feel entitled to express that hatred , if the police don’t obey the law why should they?

NorthernStar
    Free Member

the army for instance

No way, this is not a war – just civil disobedience. Deploying the army really would send out the wrong message. This is the UK not Libya!

Vern0n
    Free Member

richc – of course.

Though if they had just set a building alight, putting other’s lives at risk or thrown a brick at a police officers head then, whilst still being abuse, I couldn’t care less.

monogramman
    Free Member

police can use shock & awe tactics. I belive those “cyclists” were in shock & awe!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Druidh -So you think it is acceptable to beat a youth who is not resisting because he might have done something wrong.

I am astonished you think that is acceptable Druidh. warn em off fine – even give ’em a scare – but beat him with the baton while he is lying on the ground?

richc
    Free Member

Fair enough, I am just a wooly liberal who thinks Child Abuse is wrong regardless of the excuse.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Everyone saying that it doesn’t matter what has happened before, of course it does. The police will up the level of force as what has been used on them previously. If a criminal has a record of firearms offences they don’t send round a lone policewomen to arrest him. Instead they would send overwhelming numbers around with firearms support and he would be wrestled to the ground and hand cuffed ASAP to prevent any officers or bystanders getting injured.
    Why the hell should the police find out the hard way that the pursued want to come quielty now that the bodycount is in the polices favour.

highclimber
    Free Member

I am just a wooly liberal who thinks Child Abuse is wrong regardless of the excuse.

There is no evidence they were younger than 18!

WackoAK
    Free Member

if it’s not child abuse then it’s assault.

Vern0n
    Free Member

He stops -and the cop beats him to the ground with his baton, keeps beating him while he lies on the ground and then kicks him for good measure – then releases the youth completely allowing him to get up on his own

So perhaps not THAT excessive beating force if the guy can get up an walk off on his own.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

craig – that would be fair enough – however beating a youth with a club when he is not resisting in any way and a has stopped is never acceptable

nockmeister
    Free Member

‘Av it…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The lads were riding round in a group with hoodies on, in an area that obviously was having trouble.

The line of riot police behind them, the chopper following them and the fact the police started running to the junction before they could see the ‘hoodies’ (almost like someone had told them they were there) – that all says to me that they weren’t random kids on the street.

I agree with above – way too heavy-handed and that is exactly why people dislike the police.

People will always dislike the police. If everyone liked the police then there’s something wrong.

zippykona

Not seen what you are on about but is this the modern equivalent of a clip round the ear from a bobby that our parents were so nostalgic about?
    At least with chavs we have a minority it’s ok to hate.

peachos
    Free Member

I STARTED READING THIS AND BASICALLY CAN’T BE F**KED ANY MORE AFTER A FEW OF YOU LOT STARTED JUMPING IN AND BANGING ON ABOUT HOW THE POLICE WERE HEAVY HANDED, HOW THESE SCUMMERS, WHO WERE OUT ON THE STREET IN GANGS AFTER BEING WARNED NOT TO, WERE NOT DETAINED, HOW THEY WERE ONLY KIDS ETC ETC.

BASICALLY, WATCH THE F**KING VIDEO AGAIN – YOU SIMPLY CAN ONLY DISCERN FROM IT THAT SOME T**TS GOT A BEATING. AT THE END OF THE VIDEO TWO OF THEM ARE STILL BEING DETAINED BEHIND THE FENCE. YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT TELL THE AGE OF THESE FERAL SCUMBAGS, AND YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAME INTELLIGENCE THAT THE POLICE HAVE HAD LEADING UP TO WHAT YOU SAW. HOWEVER IT DOESN’T STOP A LOAD OF CONCLUSIONS BEING DRAWN.

THROWING EVIDENCE OVER THE FENCE? MORE LIKELY TO BE A BRICK, NO?!

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE OR HEARD ANY OF THE RIOTERS GIVING INTERVIEWS BASICALLY SAYING THEY DON’T GIVE A S**T?

WE NEED TO BE BACKING THE POLICE TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE GOT TO DO, NOT GETTING ALL HUMAN RIGHTIST B*LL*CKS ON THEM.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Everyone saying that it doesn’t matter what has happened before, of course it does.

Here here! No one knows what they have been up to and no-one can tell from the video. Perhaps they have just badly assaulted an old lady? What would everyone’s reaction be then I wonder?

That’s the whole point – we just can’t tell what has gone on from the video!

M6TTF
    Free Member

The only problem I saw was not giving them a proper shoeing, little scrote managed to get up too easily

Jamie
    Free Member

There is no evidence they were younger than 18!

Knee jerks need no evidence.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I am astonished you think that is acceptable Druidh. warn em off fine – even give ’em a scare –What – run up behind them wearing a scary mask and shout boo! ??

NorthernStar
    Free Member

People will always dislike the police. If everyone liked the police then there’s something wrong.

Normally you find that the people who hate the Police are those people who have something to hide or are up to no good!

TJ – still not heard your proposed alternative solution to the police handling of this sort of situation. Interested to hear that’s all 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Druidh – so you think it is acceptable to beat someone who is not resisting?

santacoops
    Free Member

highclimber
    Free Member

jerks need no evidence

FTFY

mt
    Free Member

Do think this thread will get over 30 pages of outrage and total bollocks from the same old gobshites?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Northern star – act within the law and their training. Police can and do use a lot of force legitimately. Shame the use a lot of force illegally there.

cops get a lot of training on use of force and I have seen it used many times.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 410 total)

The topic ‘Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!’ is closed to new replies.