• This topic has 17 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Manchester/NW – IT contracting market?
  • IHN

So, it looks like The Great Move North may be pressing ahead earlier than envisaged and I’ll be looking for work in or around God’s Own City in the next couple of months.

What’s the contracting market looking like for a talented, handsome, freelance Systems/Business Analyst with a financial services background?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how do you like warington?

IHN

Wouldn’t want to live there, would work there (I’m a contractor, I’ll work anywhere…)

binners

Contracting, you say? In the north?

IHN

Strangely, I do drive a van…

br
    Free Member

“Gods’ Own City”, Manchester?

Wrong side of the Pennines mate – that’s not a good start.

And I’d have thought Leeds would be better if you’ve FS experience.

binners
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try sellafield (contractors via capita unfortunately) have an office down there always/sometimes looking for analysts for more simulation and being ground down to a whimpering paste (money was good and work was easy)

IHN

I used to be a Capita permie, I’m aware of their warm and loving corporate culture…

Leeds is a possibility TBH.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I used to be a Capita permie, I’m aware of their warm and loving corporate culture…

Lol worse it’s their rejects who manage their contractor recruitment….we did all get a payrise but it took 3 months to come through, we got paid other peoples wages (only found out when the other guy went on holiday) and that was just the start 🙂

scuttler

Despite a planned clearout, I’m sure Barclays in Knutsford might present opportunities. Then there’s the Coop in Manchester. Dunno what the market’s like for your skills though.

mrsflash
    Free Member

talented, handsome, freelance Systems/Business Analyst with a financial services background?

they’ll do ok, but I thought it was you looking for work??

IHN

Ho ho! You’re funny. No really, you are, you’re funny.

Sheeesh…

🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

God’s Own City

Manchester?!

IHN

binners

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Manchester home of the simian shuffle
    Can you walk the walk ?

IHN

You mean can I do the Skanky Manc?

Well, it’s been a while, but I’m sure it’ll come back to me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Manchester/NW – IT contracting market?’ is closed to new replies.