Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Manchester Velodrome taster session this evening – 2 places available
  • Harry_the_Spider

There are 2 places available for a 1 hour taster session at 9:00pm tonight.

£10 each. Anybody fancy it?

Apologies if you are on the reserve list. I’ve only just found out about this now and I haven’t got my details with me so I can’t contact you.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Come and join us for a tenner (+ shoe hire).

Ride the Velodrome 😀

binners

You get to ride with…

*pauses for dramatic effect*

*drum roll*

The Enigma himself!!!

Wow!!! Imagine that? Have your photo taken with Hora. He may even sign it for you 😀

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i daren’t, facebook is as close as i dare get to Hora. seeing him in the flesh would ruin my life forever

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Would Hora autograph my left boob?

Can I give him a Chinese Burn and then enjoy Binners propperly hurting him?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I would…if i did’nt have a stinking cold.I’d get shouted at for leaving snot all over the banking!!

paul4stones

How much is it normally and do you have to book far ahead?
    (I’m not suggesting you’re ripping anyone off or anything just was looking at doing it sometime and too lazy to phone them!)

Harry_the_Spider

£160 for a 1 hour taster session for 16 people. £1 fee if you pay by card over the phone.

Give them a call though as pricing and booking can be a little err… complicated.

I am making a loss of £2.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Is paul4stones a polyorchid? 😯

carlos
    Free Member

Well worth the tenner.

I’d go if I wasn’t going to give blood.

binners

Fred. I’m going to throw Hora down the banking. I think we need far more chaffing than a Chinese burn can deliver 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chafing. Heh heh! Like it Binners, like it…

Any pain, torture and misery inflicted on Hora is a Good Thing, in my book. He needs it, and it pleases me, which is all that matters really.

mrchrispy

Can’t believe no one has rolled this out yet…..

don’t worry hora….very little chance of it happening 😉

RustySpanner

Has everyone placed their drinks orders? Heard a rumour that Hora’s promised to get them in.

I’ll have a benylin and baileys, with a straw and one of those little brollies, with a pie’n’ peas chaser please.

Junkyard
    Free Member

more notice and I would have been up for this

Harry_the_Spider

Sorry about that. The “man down” did his back mixing concrete yesterday! The other no-show is his wife.

paul4stones

Thanks for the info Harry.

Are you implying I can’t manage 16 people for an hour derek?

😉

binners

Absolutely bloody great fun that tonight. If completely exhausting.

A huge thanks to Harry for organising that little jaunt. I’m going to keel over now in anticipation of my leg muscles seizing up overnight.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m going to keel over now in anticipation of my leg muscles seizing up overnight.

compression tights are your friend

mrchrispy

+1 🙂

yup…ace time, cheers harry.

going to bed now and there is a very real possibility I won’t be able to move my legs in the morning!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has everyone placed their drinks orders? Heard a rumour that Hora’s promised to get them in.

😆

Very good. Are you available for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs?

Was Hora hurt? Please tell me he was…

mrchrispy

compression tights you say?

okay….I’ll give it a go but the wife is giving me funny looks

RustySpanner

Wow, that was brilliant fun. 😀

Big thanks to Harry from Sue and myself, good work fella.

Was great to meet everyone as well – everyone I’ve ever met from here has been really pleasant in real life 🙂 .

Those interval session things at the end nearly finished me off for good….still getting my breath back.

Right, now how much for a nice second hand Dolan track bike, or maybe a new Fuji?

Oh and has anyone got any piccies?

brooess
    Free Member

+1 on the thanks for organising.
    Relieved I didn’t forget to keep pedalling.
    No doubt will feel it tomorrow!

Coleman
    Free Member

Well done Harry, that was a great session! Many thanks from myself and the ‘little un’ for organising the evening.
    Good to meet some of the t’internet warriors and put a few faces to names.
    Really enjoyed the rolling sprint lap, and the intervals session at the end was a real killer!
    Thanks again.

hp_source

Again, a big Thank You to Harry for organising! Really enjoyed it, think I may have been riding round in circles in my dreams last night!

Great to meet a few more forum lurkers too.

Now, I MUST resist the temptation to look at track bikes whilst I’m supposed to be working.

Cheers
    Keith
    (yellow planet-x top)

Harry_the_Spider

Good laugh innit?

Thanks for coming. Hopefully Mrs Starship took some pictures of us being heroic.

Just trying to put names to jerseys.

Me – Red and black
    Coleman & Son – Matching team kit (looking smarter than a rat with a gold tooth)
    Derekstarship – Blue
    Binners – Black
    Hora – Grey / Yellow
    Rusty Spanner – Black
    Mrs Spanner – Blue & White
    Keith – Yellow (cheap) Planet X – Glad I didn’t wear mine. How embarrassing would that have been 😳
    Simon Eighteen Bikes – Red
    Brooess – Black S-Works (?)
    Mr Chrispy – Green Bonty (?)
    Various brothers and sister in law – Red / Black

Organising these things is a doddle, anyone can do it. Just phone up and make a provisional booking then ask on here or Twitter if anybody wants to come and you are away. If you get the numbers then pay the deposit, if you don’t cancel. Zero risk.

If you fancy a go on the track and aren’t a member of a club it is the easiets way to do it.

nbt

Sorry guys, only just seen this else I’d have been along either to ride or take pictures. Will make an effort to put details of the next one in the calendar.

binners

Lets fess up then. Did anyone not look at the for sale notices for track bikes on the way out?

I’m off to http://www.fixietrackbikeworld.com. I’ll see you all there 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Lets fess up then. Did anyone not look at the for sale notices for track bikes on the way out?

Nope. I didn’t even notice the black carbon fibre track missile (too small for me) that was for sale in the seating area. 😉

binners

Which one? I didn’t notice that either. certainly not enough to weigh up if it was the right size or anything. Seemed very nice for the money though. n+1 😉

RustySpanner

I certainly haven’t been looking at one of these:

From velodromeshop.

Oh, no, not me.

You can’t get much for £328.99 these days, certainly nothing that looks that good. Tempting isn’t it?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Brilliant experience last night’s track taster.

I can’t believe how quickly I went from pootling nervously at 15mph in the baby blue area to FASTmph up above the sponsor logos on the banking.

What a contrast from a full susser with discs and loads of gears to a brakeless fixie with 20mm tyres.

Great fun and brilliant value for money. Cheers HtN

EDIT: still got two words resounding in my head: “KEEP PEDALLING”!

Harry_the_Spider

HtN?! I’ve retired from that schid! This was an HtS production.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sorry HtS. Brain still steeped in lactic acid!

brooess
    Free Member

Good to meet a few more STWers too. I’m looking to hook up with a few local riders so if anyone’s going out, be great to join you – my email’s in my profile.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m sure that a “trundle on th’ills” can be arranged sometime soon.

mrchrispy

yup that was me in the bonty top altough I almost wore a planet-x top.

tbh I expected to see alot more VAG estates in the car park 🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Velodrome taster session this evening – 2 places available’ is closed to new replies.