Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Manchester to Blackpool re-visited.
  • crikey
    Free Member

Cracking day out Gromit!

A real round the houses route outwards, came up at 63 miles from Old Trafford to the Prom, with a proper headwind from Warton up the coast. Managed it in 3 hours 30, had to keep reminding myself that I had to ride home too, and the return leg back to Oldham took 3 hours, 114 miles all in, and well organised all the way through.

Seamus
    Free Member

That headwind was a killer, but helped coming back. 3 hours 45 going and 3 hours 15 return to Wigan (including getting lost in Preston), total 102 miles. Good day and well organised.

barca
    Free Member

I'd have to guess my mileage, I don't have a computer on the Spesh'. Hazel Grove to Old Trafford and then on to Blackpool and then the same route back but I went right on the outskirts of Manchester to come home. I thought sinlgespeeding it was a daft idea, especially on the way home but one nutter was doing it fixed! I'm going to sell the Langster. Gears rock.
    Anybody doing the Manchester 100 mile ride in September

Seamus
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with doing it on an SS, although I did get the urge to change gear towards the end. Pretty easy to keep up with the geared riders when its as flat as it was (or most of them weren't trying!)

hp_source

Well done guys, I'm back from that too now, Mossley to Old trafford, manc to blackpool and all the way back, 150.28 miles…. kerrrrnackered, but a fantastic day out.

Bit disheartening for the people on the other side of preston that keep seeing the numbers on jerseys of people going home again 🙂

Seamus
    Free Member

Did anyone see the guy doing it on the kids bike? must have been 10" wheels maximum. Saw him past Preston on my way back. Hope he made it

crikey
    Free Member

I had a right laugh, sitting on some guy on a TT bike, trying to match his 30-odd mph on downhill stretches, and catching folk up on the lanes after Preston and accusing them of being too skinny to sit behind; I was after a big fat fast lad to drag me to the finish. Then a bit of through and off up from Warton to the finish and a sprint to finish off. Excellent ride home too; massive tailwind made Blackpool to Preston pass in about 2 minutes, then going really well down the A6.

Love it, and liked wearing a number again, might have to think about getting back into racing….but don't tell the wife..

mrchrispy

we managed it in 3.20.

jumped on the back of an express train for about 1/2 the first section, kept decent time in the 2nd but the wind on the 3rd was the killer.
    great day out, always is.

we'll be there for the manc100, but I need to loose a stone….I'm the 3rd fittest out of a group of 3 and at times today it was a struggle to hold on.

MadBillMcMad

Took me 7 hours!

But then I was doing it with 11 year old.
    Awesome – he completed it but is feeling a bit tired now.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Intended riding back, but messed about in Blackpool (Pleasure Beach, arcades, cheesy tat shops, ice cream) with Deb and the kids for the afternoon so bunged the bike in the car and came back late afternoon. The weather was just right for spending the rest of the day with the tribe..
    Sunburnt now!

Loads of chaos on the way – some folk really can't ride a bike in a straight line can they? Loads of muppets near Haigh Hall, saw a few incidents of riders crshing into one another – spent lots of my time riding with a young lad from Horwich CC. A right nutter. We spent loads of time on the wrong side of the road 😉

Got to Blackers in a shade under 3:30.

warmy
    Free Member

Was a good ride, my thoughts are with the family of the cyclist killed near haigh hall 🙁

terrahawk
    Free Member

killed?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don't think anyone died, but someone taking part in this chaos threw their bike at a BMW.
    http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/4491716.Police_investigate_Chorley__bike_rage__attack/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Manchester to Blackpool re-visited.’ is closed to new replies.