Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manchester – the path along the River Mersey under the A34 – does it stop?
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Anyone?

I can’t see on google maps whether the path carries on as there’s loads on big trees on the satellite photo.

Trying to avoid the road junction at Parrs Wood.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Yep you can get under the bridge there. You have to cross the road that heads over to Cheadle and enter the car park of the galleon(?) gym, after that try and find your way out the carpark and when you do you go under the A34.

snowslave

You have to go through the health club car park, cross the A34 itself and then pop back onto the trail

snowslave

oops, beat me to it…

technicallyinept
    Free Member

So if I’m coming the other way, I just keep going and end up in said carpark?

Also, what’s the track like between Simon’s bridge and A34? Not a fan of the bit just east of the Princess Parkway (big broken bricks and deep sand) and I’d rather skirt this section if it’s the same.

snowslave

If you’re coming from Chorlton, you kinda just pop out at the end of the car park. Just keep on going across the car park and take the access road with the leisure club to your right, over the speed bumps, and you come to the road. Cross it, go down the steps and you’re back on the trail. Or reverse this to go in the other way (Dur, sorreee!!!).

Can’t remember what that bit of surface is like, it’s something I’ve never paid much attention to other than I know it’s not tarmac or pavement, but I seem to recall it’s not as bad as the broken bricks bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manchester – the path along the River Mersey under the A34 – does it stop?’ is closed to new replies.