Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Manchester riders – Are the jumps in Chorlton still there? Or others?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

I remember a while back somebody mentioning jumps near chorlton water park? Somewhere near jackson’s bridge? I know they’re doing work for the tram or something over that way. Are they still there?

Or are there any other jumps to play on in the urban oasis that is south Manchester?

Cheers in advance

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nope, long gone. the old bmx-y jump lines opposite jackson’s boat were bulldozed a couple of years ago, and the smallish ones we built on the other side of the m60 near dane road in sale were trashed last summer too.
    there’s some huge looking ones down in between the m60 and the indoor ski slope at the trafford centre though, but other than those i don’t know of any more these days…

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Ahh ok, any directions to em?

nick1962
    Free Member

I remember those sandy jumps across from Jackson’s Boat well …split my helmet in two with a headfirst landing when I first tried a double ,long before I knew what a double was or how to ride them 😳

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i actually have no real idea how to ride to them; i’ve only seen kids flying through the air there when i’ve driven past on the motorway!

i suppose if you can get to evans at chill factor, then you head around to the rear of the ski slope past that airkix thing and the jumps are there…

Garry_Lager

There’s a micro DH track in Reddish Vale. Nano-DH, even. Looks a good few years old (although that could be wrong) and is pretty hard to ride down. More something interesting to see than a riding destination IMHO.

There are some jumps to be found in Woodbank park (not hard to find) that seem in good nick.

Duggan

Garry Lager- wherabouts in Reddish Vale?

I’m always riding through it but haven’t got round to exploring all of it..

clarkpm4242
    Free Member
    Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh I’ll have to have a spin round reddish! Any ideas where?

clark what’s that mini DH? Near hyde?

What are the jumps at woodbank like?

Duggan

Nice, thanks Clark

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Looks like 2 tightly constructed tracks with uptrack. Would need walking to clean off some debris.

Only stuff I’ve seen at Woodbank is by the footbridge over the Goyt at the eastern end. Very small. Maybe some other stuff I’ve not seen.

Paul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Manchester riders – Are the jumps in Chorlton still there? Or others?’ is closed to new replies.