Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Manchester pubs/bars on xmas eve
  • teenrat

A couple of years ago we went into Manchester on Xmas eve, only to find more or less every bar/pub in the centre closed at 6pm. Can the Manchester contingent tell me if this likely to be the case this year? and if so why?? Ive not known a place so dead on xmas eve before and i want to go out for a few pints.

1-shed
    Free Member

Haven’t done it for a few years but everyone just goes home for Christmas, all the pubs in the suburbs will be rammed. It may have changed with more people living in the centre but I doubt it. Merry Christmas and enjoy a pint for me cheers 1 shed.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Pubs in Darwen, Bolton are open till 0200/0300 so into Christmas day. Depends on the venue. So I’d imagine it’s the same in Manchester.
    Christmas day some pubs are open for a few hours, especially the food serving ones as they will have Christmas day bookings.

markshires
    Free Member

I know a few years ago, the pubs near me used to shut for a couple of hours (sure it was 5-7 or something), as a way to stop people being out drinking all day after finishing work early.

You may have been unlucky with the time.

slowoldman

My experience is as markshires, but because they want everyone out before the ticket only entry later.

I shall be leaving Manchesterfordshire several days before Christmas eve and spending it at home with a nice red.

hora
    Free Member

A few years ago now but Xmas eve it was dead in the centre. Maybe everyone was at Church?..

botanybay
    Free Member

Try getting a pint in a decent place on a Sunday night when a match has been on. Used to hate getting off the train and seeing all the pubs closed in Manchester. Weird for a big city.

mcnultycop

Everywhere’ll be open generally.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Manchester pubs/bars on xmas eve’ is closed to new replies.