Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Manchester on a Monday night
  • lunge

I’m in Manchester today and tomorrow with work and have zero planned in this evening. So people of Manchester, any suggestions as to good (not too expensive) places to eat or drink on a Monday that I won’t look too out of place in on my own? I’m staying near to Piccadilly so somewhere vaguely in that area would be good. Thanks all.

jekkyl
    Harry_the_Spider

Come to the Velodrome and watch some of us idiots BMXing. We’re off for a pint afterwards, but you’ll need a car.

munro
    Free Member

Stroll along to the NQ and try Solita for a good steak or burger (find them on FB and share their page & it’s 25% as they’re completing a refurb). Opposite there is The Abel Heywood – good take on a trad/modern boozer with decent snap.

Not far from Piccadilly – Chinatown is great, Happy Seasons or Red Chilli for Chinese or Wasabi for cheap and cheerful Japanese.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Almost famous for what I recon is the best burger place I’ve ever tried.
    Thai restaurant in spinning fields is very good (cannot remember the name)
    Burger and lobster is v nice on King st or Jamie’s Italian near by or Rosso (Italian) is good and stunning decor

lunge

Liked the idea of some jazz, that sounds like exactly the kind of random thing I had in mind.

edward2000
    Free Member

Thai restaurant in spinning fields is very good (cannot remember the name)

Chaophraya?

nbt

Chaophraya is above Sam’s chop house, or it was when I last ate there – which admittedly is probalby six or seven years ago. Great place, might have moved

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Either way it looks like you’ll be experiencing the infamous Manchester weather mate!

Dogs n Doughs is a good place to eat, but that Jazz sounds good. Might be tempted myself by that.

jekkyl

Nice!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Groundbreaking.

BillMC

Chinatown is great, just go where the Chinese people go. Drink at Marble Arch, divine beer unlike much of central Manchester IME.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

http://thaikhun.co.uk

This is your spinningfields Thai place. Very good by all accounts .

jekkyl

How was the Jazz?

lunge

How was the Jazz?

Cracking actually, thanks for the recommendation.

Burger and Lobster for dinner, stroll across to Matt and Phreds, nice bit of jazz, back in bed for 11pm. Cracking night actually.

lunge

It’s Monday night once more and once more I’ve got a solo night in Manchester. Current plan is a burger at Almost Famous followed by jazz at Matt and Phreds. Anything to trump that?

scaled
    Free Member

Borrow a bike from someone and get up to prestwich for the MNPR?

lunge

Borrow a bike from someone and get up to prestwich for the MNPR?

With advance planning that’d be a cracking idea, sadly not this time though.

richardkennerley

Pizza at Slice, or Pie in… Pie, burger at Trof, drink in Port St. Beer House/the Castle/Marble Arch.

There’s probably something on at The Night and Day.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Manchester on a Monday night’ is closed to new replies.