Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Manchester Hotel recommendations
  • scruff
    Free Member

Wheres decent to stop with very secure parking right by Manchester Apollo?

fossy

Not near the Apollo then…

What’s the budget ?

Manchester isn’t cheap at any time as it gets booked up fast with events (I’m local and have looked often for a quick night away – no car).

How near do you need to be, as Manchester CITY isn’t that big – you can walk it one side to the other in about 20-30 minutes – I say this as Londoners don’t know how compact a city it is (having been to London).

Budget is also the issue. Most don’t have parking until you move out a bit – the Apollo is on the shitty end of town.

You can park at Manchester University Car Parks for a long time as a visitor – look at the ones off Upper Brook St, or even Charles St nearer the City. Ibis is near the Man Uni Charles St car park.

fossy

http://www.estates.manchester.ac.uk/services/operationalservices/carparking/#CARPARKA

10-15 minutes walk from the Apollo, but stick to the main roads from the Appollo.

Hotels near from there.

fossy

PS IBIS is literally down the road from the Charles St car Park, and then you have Premier Inn on Oxford St.

Turtle Bay is good for a meal ! Paramount good for cheap pints !

scruff
    Free Member

Want a hotel with car park really, so maybe not near Apollo, can get taxi to gig if need be. Never really been before and it’s very last minute on way back from lakes trip.

fossy

There isn’t many if ‘any’ that have a car park – what’s the ‘budget’ and or distance ?

fossy

PS, drop the car at Charles St, get into the Principal Manchester, (5 mins walk) dine in The Refuge restaurant down stairs, taxi to and from Apollo (walking is emergency bail out if no taxi’s after concert).

Lovely hotel all redecorated ! Not sure about parking, but Charles St is near.

fossy

The MacDonald might also be an option – just south of Piccadilly Train Station, but limited parking (it does have some)

lunge

A few hotels near Salford Keys have parking, The Copthorne for instance. Bit of a trek from The Apollo but if parking is the priority they’re worth a look.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I stayed in a very comfortable AirBnB in a block right by the New Islington Metrolink. Gated parking, and about a mile if its the same apollo. Currently listed at £85

Edit: Here PM me if you aren’t a member and I’ll send you a referral code (full disclosure: I gain from the referral code too)

fossy

Salford Quays is fine – Media City – but, it’s getting back to the Hotel !

edhornby

you could use a mobike to ride out to the apollo and back (if it or one of it’s siblings are still there..)

scruff
    Free Member

Macdonald it is, cheers.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Marriott Victoria and Albert has a car park and nicely walkable into spinningfields.

Looks like you’re sorted though.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Marriott V&A is one of the nicest hotels in Manchester. Not cheap mind. Marriott Renaissance about 15 mins from the Apollo and has a secure carpark.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve been staying in the Copthorne recently and its ok, not the most swish but clean and well run. The car park is good and getting onto the motorway is easy.
    I usually catch a Tram into the centre but a Taxi is less than a tenner.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Hotel recommendations’ is closed to new replies.