Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • manchester folks coffe house recommendations for a meeting
  • vondally
    Free Member

evening so for work I need to meet some people but they want an informal sit down and chat, not on office ground, relaxed and chilled atmosphere with cuppa and cake. one are from an arts background, the others are not, maybe a couple of hours… comfy sofas needed so no Nero or chains Cornerhouse would have been ideal, but not open so suggestions please.

chambord
    Free Member

Whereabouts?

I went to Christie’s Bistro in the Christie building at the uni the other day for the first time and it was quiet and full of sofas. Might be an option if you are anywhere near there.

GregMay
    Free Member

Rapha cafe…but sadly no sofa.

Try the upstairs in Waterstones on Deansgate.

mcnultycop

Back room in the Britons Protection, upstairs in Rain Bar, that “by the hour” coffee place I’ve not been to yet.

vondally
    Free Member

city centre, went to Rapha today for a scope ….. :wink:…not suitable really though I enjoyed a nice espresso and a look around

waterstones not really but something similar is good

will try Briton P …. what is the by the hour coffee place??

slackboy

cafe at john rylands or the art gallery are nice. if food is involved then Moose coffee on New York Street is ace.

1-shed
    Free Member

Eastern Block in the Northern Quarter, great cakes surprisingly good.

Cougar

Tea Cup, Northern Quarter again. Lovely place, friendly staff and amazing cake.

globalti
    Free Member

You’d do better to find a hotel lobby; somewhere like the Midland, which has a cafe area but will be pricey, or the Novotel on Portland Street, which has a quiet area by the bar with plenty of comfy seating. During the day the lobby area is very quiet.

Edit: Tea Cup is quirky and good but a bit noisy and public for a meeting and only has small tables IIRC.

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks yes yea cup too noisy lovely though. Will have a look this afternoon at others , cheers literally

nach
    Free Member

Maybe Takk on Tariff Street; chairs rather than sofas though.

unovolo
    Free Member

Home sweet home in the Northern quarter.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘manchester folks coffe house recommendations for a meeting’ is closed to new replies.