• This topic has 35 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Manchester curry help
  • hora
    Free Member

Love Akbars – its my favourite however their takeaway portions are tiny. A piss take really. Looking ideally for the same quality but bigger portions.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hora, while you’re on here, I’ve been meaning to ask if you’ve got a new job?

hora
    Free Member

Eek t’other one has Zach’s middlename. NOW, tell me a curry place dammit.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Great Kathmandu on Burton Road and near the Victoria (?) pub.

Haven’t got a clue how big their takeouts are but the curries always used to be great.

khani
    Free Member

Al faisal on Thomas st, near the statue of the brush and shovel,
    it’s lurrvley

hora
    Free Member

Al faisal on Thomas st

I’ve not eaten there for years. Whats it like now?

nbt

hora – Member

Love Akbars – its my favourite however their takeaway portions are tiny. A piss take really. Looking ideally for the same quality but bigger portions.

Eat smaller portions, lose weight, go faster.

khani
    Free Member

Never been to akbhars, but al Faisal was the only place my old man would eat out, real curry not pink custard with lumps in, and the rotis are a religious experience on their own

RustySpanner

Al Faisal is still brilliant.

This reminds me of my first ever post on here:

Someone asked about curry in Manchester.
    Hora then recommended This ‘n’ That, I recommended Al Faisal and Khani agreed.
    Plus ca change eh? 😀

Oh and Hora, if you don’t mind a bit of a drive, try Forts of India in Whitefield. It’s superb.

hora
    Free Member

Khani, please visit Akhbars. Its a must. You have to do this.

On reflection I started to view This n That as a bit too greasy.

khani
    Free Member

I live in Essex now, I’ll give it a go when the next trip ooop norf happens, which won’t be for a while as we’re building a house on the side of the house at the mo, and living in the Somme,

LapSteel
    Free Member

This n That…top quality…low price

U31
    Free Member

Mmmm gonna have to try Al Faisal now!
    Pakistani curries are totally different to other the regions, and imho rely more on ingredients that add taste rather then blow your socks off use of chillis.

binners

Hora. Try the Ashiani on Upper Chorlton Road. Unbelievabley good. And unfortunately, quite close to you now.

Go for the Tandoori Mixed grill if your feeling particularly fat. That’s ‘feel’ particularly fat, not ‘look’ particularly fat. As that would be all the time you gert big grazing heffer

khani
    Free Member

It’s the only place I’ve been that tastes like my dads curries, the samosas are the stuff of dreams, my fave is mince and pea or potatoe,
    I’m bloody starving now 🙂

U31
    Free Member

In my mates place, as a quick starter he’d serve up a popadom, loaded with salad, then a spiral of mint riata, and a spiral of chili sauce… my mouths watering thinking about it!

hora
    Free Member

It’s the only place I’ve been that tastes like my dads curries

Khani- confused!! which one are you referring to?

binners

Hora in ‘not understanding the answer’ shocka 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I need to find somewhere round here now, someone took me to brick lane and it was so bad I refused to pay, utter shite, nearly had to fight my way out but I didn’t bloody pay!
    Very disappointed I was 😕

khani
    Free Member

It’s the only place I’ve been that tastes like my dads curries
    Khani- confused which one are you referring to?

Faisals

hora
    Free Member

Khans in Bayswater was my weekly spot when I lived in London however that was over 5yrs ago- it could have changed ownership etc.

hora
    Free Member
    khani
    Free Member

I went to a posh one in henley that was good, expensive though

JonR
    Free Member

For a town centre curry al faisal is nice but there is another almost secret rice and 3 place hidden near it. Its down this road and its the best o0ne I’ve tasted up in that neck of the woods.

Can’t remember its name but it is down here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=manchester&ie=UTF8&safe=on&hq=&hnear=Manchester,+Greater+Manchester,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.484375,-2.237509&spn=0,0.003642&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.48432,-2.237696&panoid=0XySnvFUpCEE6HrQAW99Jg&cbp=12,4.19,,0,5

khani
    Free Member

JonR
    My old man wouldn’t go in there, said it was run by bloody bastards who used cheap lamb 😀 he knew most of the people round there though
    I went with some friends and it was nice I thought

khani
    Free Member

It wasn’t this and that, it was at the end of Thomas st on the right hand corner, unless this and that took it over

binners

Yadgar is the best ‘3 curry’s place in the northern quarter. Its a disgustingly unhygienic hole, full of ancient formica tables. The service is so bad its laughable. They’re willfully rude to you. The food is absolutely top notch though

Hora wouldn’t go near the place as he’s a massive lord and it’d offend his delicate (read: gay) sensibilities.

Its worth a go if you’re in the area though

goog
    Free Member

lol

khani
    Free Member

binners, sounds about right 😀

hora
    Free Member

Must have done as Im sure it wasn’t/didnt look like that before.

binners, is that place in Upper Chorlton road seriously ok? You have a Gora’s tastebuds hence why I am worried 😉

khani
    Free Member

It’s like joes greasy spoon with curry, great stuff!

binners

Seriously Hora – You’ll be hard pushed to find better than the Ashiana. They’ve been going about thirty years. The Tandoori Mixed grill is worth sacrificing a limb for. But all the curries are belting. Give it a go. Its only down the road

hora
    Free Member

Great Kathmandu

Thats one of the shortlist. Small portions and greasy/expensive for what you get.

binners

I tried the Third Eye in Didsbury last night Hora. It was recommended by a woman I know whose husband has 3 curry houses, so knows a thing or two on the subject. It was absolutely excellent!!!!

hora
    Free Member

This one? http://www.originalthirdeye.com/

Do they have a Japanese restaurant as well?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Manchester curry help’ is closed to new replies.