• This topic has 51 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Manchester city centre – pub for booze and somewhere for breakfast?
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

Oh, and the best pub by Piccadilly is the Bull’s Head. In fact, it’s the only decent boozer by the train station. Go down the escalators to the tram, straight out the sneaky door to the left, over the road and you’re there. I reckon if your train was leaving on the hour you could be finishing your pint at 5 to. Decent ales too, if a bit pricey.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Oh, and forgot about the Port Street Beer House, near Piccadilly station towards Ancoats, less than 5 mins from the station. The best selection of beers in Manchester by a mile, a bit poncey, a bit pricey, but better than the other Northern Quarter bars/pubs. Worth a look fo sho, bro.

hora
    Free Member

Is that on the corner adjacent to the working girls? I thought it was a mental pub??

Anyone fancy an urban exploration of the old station? 8)

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Koffee pot – Northen Quarter for greasy breakfast?

Nursed many a hangover etc in there after being out all night. You might even meet a muso or two, indeed some have even signed the walls- its that kind of place!

hora
    Free Member

Maybe not a sexy option but Wetherspoons always ticked my box when I stay in Brighton.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Nah hora, I think the pub you mean is the Star and Gather, it’s more of a club these days though. The Morrissey Smiths disco is good, if you like hanging around with fey indie boys and girls. And if you dont pull there, then the working girls may oblige outside.

brant
    Free Member

No idea about pubs, but Harvey Nicks for breakfast, surely 🙂

hora
    Free Member

You lot are getting old. If I stay in a hotel, its sweet sweet loving and the first thing I eat is lunch.

Disclaimer: The above mentioned may no longer be strictly true, nor may it have been for quite sometime.

nbt

how did it go? DId Hora turn up? Did he buy drinks for anyone / everyone?

IHN

It went well, The City Arms was indeed a perfect pre-Revolution pub. And, for that matter, post-Revolution too. We even got some free sandwiches and chicken drumsticks from the birthday do that was on next door 🙂

Hora did show, I bought him a drink. It’s fine though, I’m sure he’ll buy me one back…

Kro for breakfast was less successful (sorry Coot). They seem to (eventually) serve their (cold) veggie cooked breakfasts with, well, bacon…

binners

Christ! I’ve just read Hora’s last post. I’ve just been a little bit sick

Amazingly, Hora did turn up. But, of course he didn’t buy anyone drinks. He never does. Ever. Though on this occasion as it was a quick couple, and not a rounds situation, we’ll let him off. Well… when I say he was there. He was there in body. He sat there and fiddled constantly with his phone like a 14 year old schoolgirl, then showed us what he’s just bought from Urban Outfitters in the Arndale. All that was missing was for him to contract chlamydia!

Great to see IHN and Mrs IHN though

IHN

He sat there and fiddled constantly with his phone like a 14 year old schoolgirl,

Did he sort out his ‘troubles’ in the end? Will it be an interestting morning at work for him this morning?

Oh, and for clarity, it’s not strictly MrsIHN, it’s IHN’ssoontobecohabitee.

Revolution was good too, will deffo be back again.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Manchester city centre – pub for booze and somewhere for breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.