Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Manchester Car Insurance – any recommendations?
  • dynastar
    Free Member

Trying to get a £10k 2010 Golf GTI (standard) insured in Manchester and some of the quotes are coming back at over £2k. No claims bonus for 12 years, no points etc – totally clean. Ive been giving them both an M4 and M20 post code but no real difference between the 2. Can anyone throw a few names my way that they’ve used? Tried Greenlight (won’t even insure the car for the area), Adrian Flux and Admiral. Insane prices.

Any help greatly appreciated!

mrsheen
    Free Member

LV or Ensure might be worth a look? Sadly I think that postcode is big factor. Maybe play around with the excess amount, where its stored overnight etc.

dynastar
    Free Member

Thanks – ill give them a shot. Ive even been saying that the car will be in a secure underground car park but not getting much lower.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m in M20 and the insurance is obscene. I’ve never been in an accident or ever claimed, but I think because I’ve got no no claims (always had a company car until recent), I need business insurance and I know there is a lot of petty vehicle crime in my estate, the insurance is very expensive. A necessary evil.

One of the price comparison sites came up with the best option whichever one that was.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

There are tons of factors that go into insurance, hell even credit rating can effect your price (yes companies do soft searches against you).

Postcode, albeit Manchester is probably the most impact isnt just the only thing.

Insurers constantly change their pricing strategy and risk appetite in areas. If they covering too much risk in an area, an insurer that may have been good for you 2 months ago because others were quoted cheaply could now be extortionate because of a review of their books.

Its so individual that its almost pointless asking what others have been quoted, simply price compare with all the sites available then look at the direct only ones and google for the more obscure/smaller insurers.

Rich_s

Might help your understanding…

Top crash for cash locations in 2017
    Birmingham
    Bradford
    Manchester
    London
    Oldham
    Liverpool
    Bolton
    Sheffield
    Wakefield
    Source: The not-for-profit organisation Insurance Fraud Bureau

djflexure

Have a look at LV or Sainsbury’s (also LV) – I got a decent deal today

dynastar
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys – ill give the above a try….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Car Insurance – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.