Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Manchester- Can anyone lend me a road bike for the weekend?
  • hora
    Free Member

Basically I’ve got to take a rest from offroad for a week and its ideal weather etc to find out if I really do want to try road riding again.

Does anyone have a road bike (for a circa 6footer) that you can lend me? Of course break-it-replace-it and I’ll use my own pedals and clean pickup/return for wine or beers in payment.

I have a nice trackbike/singlespeed but due to my knee I don’t think riding a singlespeed would be wise.

hora
    Free Member

Bump

crikey
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 8″, but I think my legs will be too short for you to fit mine. What height do you set the seat at?

Measure from the centre of the BB to the top of the seat…

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got a 33 instep. I can measure my bike when I get in this aft.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m thinking it will be too small, and probably a bit too low at the front, not because I’m super flexible, just because I’m shorter than you.

How big a road bike have you had in the past?

hora
    Free Member

I had a spin on andyhiltons 54 Ribble carbon and it felt lovely. From Ribble I think they size up 2cm’s shorter and so his is more like a conventional 56.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s a 56..

Er… It’s a bit old, it’s my ‘training’ bike so it’s functional but a bit worn.

The top of the right hand fork leg is cracking around the carbon-alloy junction; I think it’s the paint, but you may not agree.

Mudguards or no mudguards? It’s got cruds on it, so easy to take off.

crikey
    Free Member

..and the bars are 40cm wide..

Jamie
    Free Member

Nowhere hire bikes Hora? Rather than plug my way round the muddy bridleways of the fens tomorrow, I am hiring either a Trek Madone or Giant TCR Advanced from Rutland Cycles tomorrow. £12 for a couple of hours I think. Gutted they have no CX bikes on the hire fleet.

Interesting to see the looks I get on a £2k carbon road bike in my baggies and Skateboard shoes…..flat pedals as well hopefully 😉

piemann
    Free Member

You can borrow mine if you like. It’s a 58cm frame and fits me well. It’s nowt fancy, but it’s good at what it does. I’ll need to put some wheels back on it, but it can be ready for pickup this evening. You’ve got my mobile number I think (Iain N), so give me a bell if you want a look.

hora
    Free Member

Tried that Jamie- only the ‘test before you buy’ but I don’t really want to do that to any bike shop as I’ve no intention of buying from one of theirs (looking to buy secondhand ultimately).

crikey, where do you hail from? I can pop round later to test sizing at a time convenient for you.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m out this evening, but I can meet you tomorrow if you want. I’m on nights from Saturday until next Friday so no worries about getting it back.

I live in Oldham, but can easily meet you South Manchesterish/Rusholme wherever; that way if it doesn’t fit I can bring it home.

I’ll check on here later; off out now

piemann
    Free Member

My road bike looks pretty much like this

with different wheels and a few changed components, but you get the general idea.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. I am thinking I should do one of these thread as opposed to spending money hiring a bike 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Evening, just checking if you still need a bike?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hmm. I am thinking I should do one of these thread as opposed to spending money hiring a bike

**** that: I’m starting threads –

Manchester- Can anyone lend me a partner for the weekend (notice the non sexist bit!)
    Manchester- Can anyone lend me a car for the weekend
    Manchester- Can anyone lend me a credit card for the weekend

I’m going to move to Manchester!

Popocatapetl

I’ve got a 56cm 2010 Trek 1.5 you can borrow for a few weeks mate (as long as you don’t ride it down the Beast!). I’m in Hazel Grove, Stockport. Give us a call on 07760627405. (Ady with the left hooker BMW)

hora
    Free Member

What times are good for you? Do you think itd work for a 6footer? Considered selling it?

Popocatapetl

I’m in all morning tomorrow. Come and borrow it for a couple of weeks and if you like it we can sort out a deal. It’s only done 600 mile and is in great condition. I’ve got my eye on a Madone in the sale at Royles 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Manchester- Can anyone lend me a road bike for the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.