Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Manchester- Anyone have a home car battery charger that I can borrow?
  • hora
    Free Member

(I can't jump start it- its totally flat).

M6TTF
    Free Member

one in macc, you're welocme to drive over to pick it up 😉

Grimy
    Free Member

Where in manchester Hora? I live in Davyhulme and have a bloody great big charger come starter. Trouble is I'm in work till 5pm and its a bit on the heavy side to carry on a bike so I'd have to pop over with it. OK if your close, but the Gf's probably cooking me a meal being valentines and all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrchrispy

longford park hora, seem to remember you're pretty close.

hora
    Free Member

Crikey- your both very close! I can drive to you/collect and return.

Its for a car thats been stood up for the past 1-2yrs. We are debating whether to get it running. If it doesnt run we can make the call whether to scrap or see how much it will be to get it through an MOT. 2yrs ago it had a new battery fitted (Lucas) and the oil changed (oil is still clear/as new). So not a prob to fire it up then oil change etc.

So…. before I start spending- see if this 2yr old battery is saveable first- needs a long charge.

Grimy- if I use yours/to start it up straight away (cut to the chase to see if the car still works) I am at risk of damaging the alternator (putting alot of pressure on it)?

Edit- Car is a mint condition 98 Peugeot 306 auto petrol with 55kmiles…

hora
    Free Member

mrchrispy if yours is just the home charger I'll borrow yours as you are closest. Can pop round and collect tomorrow evening at a time convenient for you?

M6TTF and Grimy- thank you for the kind offers.

mrchrispy

aye, no probs.
    I'll just check it's in the celler.

mrchrispy

Hmmm, might be round the corner at a mates, I'll give him a bell.

hora
    Free Member

If its missing – no probs can pop round to grimys 🙂

Will leave a decent tyre as thanks.

Grimy
    Free Member

Hi Hora
    It will start the car fine and I dont think you can damage an alternator that way. What you can do is cook the ECU. As long as you always conect the red jumper cable to the battery and the Black clamp to the chassis or engine lift point etc, and NOT the battery negative you wil be fine. Same goes for charging with any charger though, but I guess you probably know that. Welcome to borrow it as long as its looked after as its quite expensive. Ill email my number. Do you want it tonight? I'm in all day tomorrow till 6pm if your not in a rush.

mrchrispy

Ahhh, its down there hiding from me behind some paint.

says its suitable for engines upto 1200cc but I'm sure it give a larger battery enough charge to get going, you're welcome to borrow it and try.

drop me a mail for address, my username @ gmail.com

Grimy
    Free Member

Ive sent you an email to your yahoo address on the south manchester massive forum Hora. Give me a bell if you want it, but if mr chrispys nearer then thats cool!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Manchester- Anyone have a home car battery charger that I can borrow?’ is closed to new replies.