Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Manchester A57 moped trying to knock cyclist off 545pm ok?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Cyclist in green box waiting at red lights, two unmissable flashing LEDS on back and flashing white LED up front, moped cuts in right in front of him at an angle, very close for comfort, blocking his path. Nothing appeared to be said. Thought it seemed a bit of an aggressive manoeuvre.

Lights change traffic merges onto the A57 in Gorton and that seemed to be the end of it. Moped then appears from behind and looks to be purposely trying to knock cyclist off swerving around his bike, cutting him up, behind back wheel inches away, not sure how he managed to avoid collision, stood up on moped, looked to be shouting, before both filtered in between traffic out of sight.

Wondered if he’s a STW member and ok?

Couldn’t make out reg due to L plate. 🙁

bearnecessities

Funny you say that as I’ve always wondered why cyclists are so hated but hormonal teenagers on mopeds don’t seem to attract any venom from the media/public at all. They’re noisy, motorised and suicidal menaces! *waves walking stick in air*

Mister-P
    Free Member

They are licenced, taxed and insured so are allowed to be on the roads.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mister P – Member 

However quite a high percentage of the above are not “fit” to be on the road….

D0NK

Cyclists are exempt from those and are allowed on the road but still attract a lot of hate so not sure what you’re point is.

Workmate goes that way but reckon that would be a bit late for it to be him.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’d have pulled the little f*** off it and let him play “find the keys” after introducing his gonads to his neck.

Drac

How do we know it was a cyclist and not just someone on a bike? 😀

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The key word here is Gorton, criminality and violence is like the rain.

beagle
    Free Member

Sounds like I have met this moped in Didsbury! Similar weaving/cutting me up!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’d have pulled the little f*** off

😯

😆

xyeti
    Free Member

I’d just like to add that it’s really difficult trying to Punch some one in the head wearing a motorbike helmet, you would be really surprised just how small those openings are.

yunki
    Free Member

I was pillion on my mates motorbike years ago when some wally in a car cut us up nearly knocking us off..

We caught up as he was parking outside a boozer, and started shouting, when his three mates got out..

They too realised very quickly that punching motorbike helmets is daft behaviour..
    After they went into the pub, we found a breezeblock in a skip and lobbed it through their windscreen as we rode back past

Very satisfying..

Can’t help the OP though… Sorry

tazzymtb

Gorton isn’t that bad, my good lady lived in that neck of the woods and to be honest we never had a peep of trouble

hammyuk
    Free Member

You don’t have to punch through the opening.
    Grab the chinbar and they’ll do whatever you want. 😉

cruzcampo
    Free Member

First time i’ve seen anything like this on the A57, been driving this route for years and generally commuting traffic is pretty well behaved 😀

@hammys find the keys comment 😆

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d imagine it was probably a lovers TIFF between Binners and Hora, Hora must have got to Gregg’s first and nabbed the last pasty and Binners wasn’t having any of it.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Gorton isn’t that bad, my good lady lived in that neck of the woods and to be honest we never had a peep of trouble

It must have changed a lot then, probably the calming influence of the immigrants either that or all the real bad boys are either dead or locked up.

pitduck
    Free Member

sez a notright 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Manchester A57 moped trying to knock cyclist off 545pm ok?’ is closed to new replies.