Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mançhester!
  • tails
    Free Member

It’s a beautiful city, for sure, and looks like there’s some right good mountain biking to be had, in the hills to the north of the city. But has anyone bin? What’s it actually like? Technical singletrack, or boring fire road? I’d be well inertested in finding out, ‘cos I simply must take my bike, next time I go.

Any thoughts? 😉

Vortexracing

RIVINGTON

ourmaninthenorth

But has anyone bin [sic]?

And

Any thoughts?

Equals

Presumably RudeBoy doesn’t get out of the South East very often….

snowslave

Take pretty much any direction on the compass and you hit some of the best mountain biking in the country, but you really need to drive to it to be honest. The stuff you can ride from your door is flat and not very interesting, unless you fancy a few hours bike commute to the peaks and back.

E.G. Calderdale, Saddleworth, Lee Quarry, Dark Peak, all an easy commute in the car and stuff we’d do for night rides.

Slightly further there’s Shropshire, Snowdon etc, N Wales, the Lakes, Dales etc. etc.

tails
    Free Member
    nbt

RIVINGTON

Hmmmm

Take pretty much any direction on the compass

Double Hmmmmm…

There’s very little to the west – at least until you get a fairt way out, e.g. Delamere is over an hour, and it’s mostly twisty forest singletrack. north west (is, verring closer to north), you get Rivington which is oK but nowt special and certainly not the first target I’d choose.

north / north east will lead you to bury / rochdale and some nice enough riding, leading out into Calderdale where theres’s some great stuff, epseically if you ride out and back. Full east gets you to the saddleworth moors. Great. just get out and ride.
    South east is Glossop / Marple, leading into classics like Cut Gate, Jacob’s ladder and Middle moor.
    Full south is the right twisty corset-ridden singletrack of Sale Water Park, as freqented by Binners and the SouthManchesterMassiveand dodgy blokes with dog leads….

nbt

oh sorry, it;s a football thing is it? SOrrym, I have a life, I didn;t realise

snowslave

Right…… like a joke, only smaller……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mançhester!’ is closed to new replies.