Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Man who microwaved cat walks free
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

yes, i did, many years ago, you should try it sometime

Shame you fail to read everything I post,then; that way, you might actually understand what I’m on about, rather than making yourself look a wally! 😀

Again, as you obviously missed it earlier:

However, a study incorporating EEG (Electroencephalograph) with electrodes surgically implanted on the skull of 17 sheep and 15 calves, and conducted by Wilhelm Schulze et al. at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Germany concluded that “the slaughter in the form of a ritual cut is, if carried out properly, painless in sheep and calves according to EEG recordings and the missing defensive actions” (of the animals) and that “For sheep, there were in part severe reactions both in bloodletting cut and the pain stimuli” when Captive Bolt Stunning (CBS) was used.[14] This study is cited by the German Constitutional Court in its permitting of dhabiha slaughtering

Pay attention, those at the back…

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

RudeBoy –

However, a study incorporating EEG (Electroencephalograph) with electrodes surgically implanted on the skull of 17 sheep and 15 calves, and conducted by Wilhelm Schulze et al. at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Germany concluded that “the slaughter in the form of a ritual cut is, if carried out properly, painless in sheep and calves according to EEG recordings and the missing defensive actions” (of the animals) and that “For sheep, there were in part severe reactions both in bloodletting cut and the pain stimuli” when Captive Bolt Stunning (CBS) was used.[14] This study is cited by the German Constitutional Court in its permitting of dhabiha slaughtering

Pay attention, those at the back…

Factor this into your arguement – muslim clerics are in principal at least, not opposed to stunning for the purposes of simply immobilising the animal, however in practice they are against “stunning” as the animal is effectively killed before bleeding. Which is haraam.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am extremely sceptical that the animal greatly cares. I do not want to re-open the discussion of whether we should care whether it cares, but from your own experience, would you rather be killed by captive bolt or by having your throat cut, or neither?

The answer, presumably, is you would prefer “neither” by such a vast margin that the difference between the other two options (in which you end up dead and sawn in half in a fridge) is really barely material…

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    HTTP404
    Free Member

Kill one animal, and you’re a murderer. Kill thousands of animals, and you’re probably working in a slaughterhouse. Kill them all, and you’re probably on time and a half.

Sorry, i’ve probably ruined a great quote.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Frpom the same study

I – Knife Method

1. The first three seconds from the time of knife (Islamic) slaughter as recorded on the EEG did not show any change from the graph before slaughter, thus indicating that the animal did not feel any pain during or immediately after the incision.

2. For the following 3 seconds, the EEG recorded a condition of deep sleep – unconsciousness. This is due to the large quantity of blood gushing out from the body.

3. After the above-mentioned 6 seconds, the EEG recorded zero level, showing no feeling of pain at all.

4. As the brain message (EEG) dropped to zero level, the heart was still pounding and the body convulsing vigorously (a reflex action of the spinal cord) driving a maximum amount of blood from the body thus resulting in hygienic meat for the consumer.
    So, according to 1 and 2, the animal is not distressed or upset in anyway by having it’s throat cut? Seriously? You wouldn’t question that, would you? Then again, no, you probably wouldn’t

However, reading through the thread, I found this little gen from grizzlygus

The usual STW controversials (SFB,BD,etc) come along and want to have an “intellectual” debate about it, just so that they can prove to themselves how clever they are. And yet of course ironically, they come across as complete plonkers. End of.

Oh the irony! LOL

aracer
    Free Member

Of course the alternative way of looking at point 1 in that study is that the animal was already distressed before having its throat cut!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The Romans would, if wishing to commit suicide, get in a warm bath, and slit their wrists. They would slowly lose consciousness, and then eventually die. This was considered a relatively painless method of suicide.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Ever see any of the video of islamic extremists executing hostages by cutting their throats with gurka knives? Would you like to try and convince me they weren’t distressed or in any pain. Give me a bullet any day of the week. And if you’re out of bullets I’ll take a pneumatic powered steel rod through the brain.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The Romans would, if wishing to commit suicide, get in a warm bath, and slit their wrists. They would slowly lose consciousness, and then eventually die. This was considered a relatively painless method of suicide.

oh, I didn’t realise that we put sheepies and moomoo cows in hot baths before killing them
    I also didn’t realise that the Romans had the option of pneumatic or explosive stun guns

The Romans also believed slavery was a Good Thing. Are you going to defend that as well?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

anyway I’m off for a few days now,

thanks fred for giving me something to laugh at – you really are a comedy genius.

radoggair
    Free Member

Don’t we humans (not me, i hate seafood),grab live lobsters out of a fish tank and then put them into boiling hot water. Although cleansing for the first second or so i cant imagine the lobster to be having the time of its life, yet we still do it. Same as fishing, i’m sure having a hook through my jaw and getting yanked would cause more than a tickle. Are these viable ways of injurying (without killing) and killing of mammals/animals acceptable because we’ve grown up to know that is acceptable. Whilst i dont condone this, in fact its wrong on all accounts, is it wrong because we’ve never seen this before??. Would growing up in a different part of the world knowing that catching live animals and putting them in vats of boiling water mean that, although there death would be slower and more painfuller than microwaving, we would accept them as being right??

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You’re welcome, BBSB.

I’m worth the Licence Fee alone…

mudsux
    Free Member

A time ago people used to hunt, trap and snare their animals in the name of food. These days we use modern intensive farming techniques to breed, feed, kill and process animals with maximum efficiency. Most people won’t see this or recognize this. We call this civilized and humane. In reality how far has humanity and civilization evolved – not far at all.

btw: i’ve seen lobsters done by boiling water, a chopstick straight down the head or the clever placement of a cleaver.

they all tasted nice.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

But, having had it drawn to my attention by Gus, I am happy that your compassion and humanity is being offered this opportunity for expression

There possibly lies the problem BD, maybe it’s just all a big ‘cultural misunderstanding’.

I have absolutely no problems the comments such as, “the little **** deserves to get his **** head kicked in” or, “I’d like to rip his bollox off and make him watch as I cooked them in the microwave” to express one’s displeasure at a particularly sick and barbaric act of cruelty.

But hey …….. I come from a simple place, where calling someone a **** and throwing a few ‘fux’ around, is often sufficient to express your feelings and emotions.

For those who comment that some people to appear to be more concerned about animals than people, I would suggest that cruelty to animals often leads to very high emotions because animals are particularly innocent and undeserving. And often very trusting. Contrary to the views expressed by some, no animal is ‘evil’. Cruelty to children often leads to similar very high levels of emotions, for precisely the same reasons.

aracer – Member

“I find it extraordinarily reassuring that in what often appears to be a callous and cruel world, so many are moved to make (be they rather extreme) comments, in response to a sicking act against something as “insignificant and unimportant” as a mere kitten.”

Isn’t it all a bit Daily Mail for you though, GG?

Well I hadn’t thought of that aracer …………. maybe I’ll just give this “Daily Mail” newspaper a go then.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I’m worth the Licence Fee alone…

I pay mine with stamps. You’re definitely worth a few. 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, how nice… 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Tricky, this business of using words as a form of expression with no connection to meaning or consequences Gus…Do it often do you?

😉

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Tricky, this business of using words as a form of expression with no connection to meaning or consequences
    Gus…Do it often do you?

You should **** know, you’ve **** met me ……… or didn’t you understand a **** word I was saying ?

Mind you, that Rudeboy’s even worst – throws phucks all over the place he does ……… and calls everyone a ****. Ever met him ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oi! I’ll have you know, I am perfectly able to converse with others, without resorting to profanity.

Unlike, you, what is a proper Potty-Mouth.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Yeah right ………………. you’ve got a gob like a sewer on you mate.

zaskar
    Free Member

Poor cat.

What an idiot.

Then again where are animal rights groups when people are killed.

Oh, people are not fluffy…

Coyote
    Free Member

For those who comment that some people to appear to be more concerned about animals than people, I would suggest that cruelty to animals often leads to very high emotions because animals are particularly innocent and undeserving. And often very trusting. Contrary to the views expressed by some, no animal is ‘evil’. Cruelty to children often leads to similar very high levels of emotions, for precisely the same reasons.

Grizzlygus sums it up perfectly for me.

Although high emotion in the defence of innocence is definately frowned upon by certain factions on here.

Viewing 22 posts - 121 through 142 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘Man who microwaved cat walks free’ is closed to new replies.