Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Man who caused cyclist death in Aberdeen ordered to do unpaid work
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Can’t wait til there are only autonomous cars out there and I can take my MX5 round Knockhill for fun.

antigee

think the odd thing about this case is that as far as can find the charge was “careless driving” only – a quick look at news reports for the area for vehicle (bad driver) on vehicle (ok driver) collision court cases then the charges seem typically to be both careless and dangerous driving with the defendants pleading guilty to the lesser offence and the more serious charge being dropped

don’t really subscribe to the “just an accident, could happen to anyone” thing – that is just rationalising lazy and inattentive driving – very little detail in the paper – I only hope that the police investigation was thorough and that the case presented didn’t merely accept that bad driving is the norm’ and that those not encased in metal and airbags are just some sort of collateral damage

bans need to be long enough for otherwise law abiding drivers to be scared that they will lose there licence long term – the non law abiding will just drive anyway – tha’ts another issue, read through road collision death reports and court cases and too many involve serial bad drivers and banned drivers

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He should have done jail time.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Man who caused cyclist death in Aberdeen ordered to do unpaid work’ is closed to new replies.