Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Man Utd- Van Gaal. Why?
  • hora
    Free Member

Looking at his career stats, hes not won anything since 2009?

weeksy

Who do you propose instead who may actually want the job ?

hora
    Free Member

Why stumble/fumble around. This chaps going to have £200m to spend.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The choices

1. Follow the fad and go European
    2. Appoint one of the rent a mob doing the rounds
    3. Do something original and daring

Odds on 1 and very long on 3. Most strategy is based in the fact that other people are doing it (therefore assumed safe/lazy decision) rather than because it’s a good move.

spacey

According to wiki he won the Bundersliga in 09-10, then in the next season won nothing. He’s then been managing the Netherlands since 2012 and qualified for the WC without losing a game, only drawing one and winning the rest. Seems quite impressive to me.

He’s a big time manager with experience of leading at the top level, seems exactly what Utd need right now, strong leadership and a clearing out of egos.

timc
    Free Member

Hora did you ever do a ‘Man Utd – Moyes. Why?’ thread? that would have seemed a far more sensible question 8)

funkrodent

He’s managed Ajax, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. He’s a winner at all of those clubs, winning the Eredivisie 3 time with Ajax, as well as the Champions League and the UEFA Cup, the league twice with Barcelona and once with Bayern Munich in 2010. Interestingly he’s shown that he can also do it with unfancied teams, taking AZ Alkmar to the Eredivisie title in 2009 despite nobody (well me anyway) ever having heard of them. For the last two years he’s been the Dutch manager. Lets see what he does at the World Cup. All this means that he’s been a consistent winner as a coach, for two decades, with multiple clubs in multiple different leagues.

Over and above that impressive CV is the fact that he is well known fr developing exciting, attacking teams that play in the “Manchester United way”.

Finally (and perhaps most importantly) whoever gets the job is going to have a pot of cash to spend. Better get someone who has a record of dealing well in the transfer market and who has a network of contacts within the wider European game (something somewhat lacking within the hierarchy at United). In addition, given that United are in no European competition at all next season (unlike Hull) they need a manager with the reputation and achievements to be able to persuade top, top, top players (not Gerrard then) to come to Old Trafford and sacrifice their European ambitions for a season on the promise of a return to the top table in the 2015-2016 season.

There’s very few managers around who tick the boxes of proven league winners at a multitude of big European clubs, European competition winners, reputation for developing exciting, attacking teams, top level contacts across Europe and enough clout to persuade big players to take a step down for a season (strange to say it about United, but with no European footie it is a step down). And he’s available. It’s a no brainer.

On that note a mate of mine is the NW football journo for one of the big nationals. I’m told that the deal has already been done but that they’re waiting to sign and announce it..

binners

Must…. Not…. Get…. Into…. Utd…. Thread… With…. Hora!!!

Hora, what you know about football you could have enlarged and written on the back of an acid tab

OmarLittle
    Free Member

He’s available, he has a decent track record and has an ego even bigger than the players he will be coaching.

Of the other favourites for the job then Ancelotti was never a goer unless he was sacked because it would be a step down to where he is currently, Klopp wasnt interested and Simeone cant speak english.

hora
    Free Member

Binners, buy my lad a 4yr olds Man U footie top and I’ll turn him into a Man U fan 8)

TPTcruiser

Van Gaal a short term placement.
    Two years time it will be either Mourinho, Guardiola or Ancelotti.
    Rogers now signed up by Liverpool, no coincidence, agent sourced whispers worked there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what Binners and funk rodent and THM said

Baasically th ebest candidate available and they need someone with an ego and a personality to impose it on the prima donnas and play attractive football

they also need to attract the biggest players whilst not in the CL

andymc06
    Free Member

Rodgers signing has nothing to do with Utd! He had a year left on his contract and deserved a new one. He was never going to take a backward step in his career and go to Utd!!! 😆

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

what Binners and funk rodent and THM said

bit lazy for you Junk! is it can’t be bothered Wed? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Happy now 8)

thered

Rodgers signing has nothing to do with Utd! He had a year left on his contract and deserved a new one. He was never going to take a backward step in his career and go to Utd!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Bitter RM’s are my greatest source of amusement.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd- Van Gaal. Why?’ is closed to new replies.