Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Man Utd v Burnley
  • redmex
    Free Member

I found out my xmas present from my son a trip on boxing day to see man u v burnley but its a 4hr each way bus trip and ive never been to a top football game in my life I only really watch goals and liked Scotland when Dalglish played, Archie Gemmill scored best goal ever and Joe Jordan sent Wales down with his fist. I canny get out of it, will it be an enjoyable long day ?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t a day out with your son be enjoyable…. Or is he sending you on your own?

redmex
    Free Member

There are 6 of us that know each other so not so bad but its a long trip. My son and myself work together and that can be tough at times so enjoy a break from each other

binners

Any big sporting event is a bloody great day out! A premiership match is really, really great! It’ll be a good’un too. Burnley will give us a game. They’re on top form. The Burnley away support will be noisy too

I’ll never forget the look on my daughters face as she walked on to the terraces at Old Trafford for the first time, and heard 70,000 people in full voice (admittedly singing derogatory songs about scousers). She now absolutely loves going! In fact, she took me to a Europa Cup semi-final last season as my birthday present. It was the perfect present. We had a great night!

Forget all the 70’s/80’s style stories of hooliganism. It doesn’t exist any more. Its a fantastic atmosphere, even just walking up to the ground. Go with an open mind, have a few beers, and you’ll love it!

If you really don’t fancy it, can I have your ticket? 😀

hodgynd
    Free Member

You will have a great time ..I only go to the occasional game at Newcastle these days but went home & away in my youth ..
    Binners is nearly correct when he says that hooliganism has been largely stamped out ..but this made our local paper after last weekend’s match ( the first that I have heard of in a while )
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fans-attacked-manchester-13929778

the-muffin-man

4hr bus trip each way!? – you’ll need some…

…seriously – just go and enjoy it. If you even have a passing interest in football will be a good day out.

redmex
    Free Member

No beer allowed on the bus just vimpto or irnbru

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

All the United fans live four hours plus away from OT so you will be in good company. By ‘bus’ I presume you mean 1st class charter flight not private jet from Surrey?

😀

redmex
    Free Member

It will be a Daimler bus circa Summer Holiday film with rear entry and shiny pole
    Hope it doesnt break down

lee-bee
    Free Member

Go and watch Man city instead, well worth the drive!!!
    Like others have said though,it will be ace watching top footballers with your lad.

taxi25
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go, I find football a bit boring and 4hrs on a bus is my idea of hell !!! But loads love it, so if your not fancying it pass the ticket on to someone else.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s all about the food these days…

RustySpanner

Take a kite?
    It’ll be something to do if you get bored.

You’ll have a great time, btw.

globalti
    Free Member

You’re going to Burnley? Check your medical insurance, stitch your wallet into your pocket, wear your oldest clothes, warn the bus driver to fit anti-theft wheel nuts.

Otherwise you’ll be fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd v Burnley’ is closed to new replies.