• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • binners

You? You’re handy enough for the home games, and clearly an authority

hora
    Free Member

I’d start by playing players in the positions that they excel in. Would that be ok?

I also wouldn’t change the team for every game and anyone letting a goal in spends a night with a few die-hard nutter Man Utd fans.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anyone letting a goal in spends a night with a few die-hard nutter Man Utd fans.

Going to cost a lot to post them to London/Surrey each time.
    As for players in position do they have enough of the right players for each position? Is that not part of the problem. (You can only put 11 out there)

binners

The defenders were all playing in their correct position yesterday. The problem is that they’re all crap!

We’ve an attack fit for the Champions League, a defence fit for the The Evo-Stik Northern League

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…

scandal42
    Free Member

I felt like I had played in that game when I left the stadium, an absolute belter of a game with the correct team coming out on top.

Leicester were ruthless when they sensed that Utd were imploding, constant balls in behind the defenders causing mayhem.

I find it wonderful that a Conference player as of 3 seasons ago can cause a team worth over £250m so many problems.

The Leicester crowd responded wonderfully every time Utd scored, really kept behind their team.

It’s interesting to think that Man Utd have spent hundreds of millions of pounds on players and yesterday they were beaten by 3 or 4 of their academy cast offs.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It’s interesting to think that Man Utd have spent hundreds of millions of pounds on players and yesterday they were beaten by 3 or 4 of their academy cast offs.

And that my friend is why we keep coming back for more and why (despite the egg chasers views), its the best game in the world.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its like discussing cooking steaks with a vegan

FFS I still more about that than he does about this

FLOUNCES

The penalty decision was still diabolical and we , being kind, need some time to gel at the back/the whole team. Attackign is easier as you just need brilliance rather than organisation.
    To say it is not settled [ and talented enough to be honest] is an understatement.

Evans and Jones are better options at the back IMHO but he also needs to play Shaw at Left back

Junkyard
    Free Member

DP

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The penalty decision was still diabolical[b]Karma[/b]

FIFY

Quite a few more to go to 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Utd have a couple of matches they should take some points from (West Ham / West Brom) but the games against City, Chelsea and then Arsenal are looming large. Southampton looks like a difficult fixture for them now and Liverpool straight after. Not hard to see them decline further in the next 2 months.

Ironic the Man U website shows PL top 10 and they are not in in, perhaps they should default to the bottom half of the table 🙂

LVG is going to look as lost of Moyes if things don’t turn around soon.

ransos
    Free Member

Utd have a couple of matches they should take some points from (West Ham / West Brom)

Probably, but the Hammers played really well against Liverpool. If fat Sam can be persuaded to leave Nolan and Carroll out of the side when they’re fit, I could see us giving a few decent sides problems this season, as Valencia and Sakho both offer skill and pace up front.

weeksy

Them two were exceptionally at the weekend.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ransos – didn’t mean to disrespect West Ham and West Brom where too good for Spurs 😐

Man U could easily go on a run of 0-3 points from the next 5 games. Their only result has been to beat QPR

binners

Can you imagine what City or Chelsea are going to do to that defence? On the strength of their performances on Sunday? And the new strike force are going to find them a lot less obliging than QPR, to say the least

We could be looking at a rugby score

Rockape63
    Free Member

Can you imagine what City or Chelsea are going to do to that defence?

Don’t forget the Gunners…..you just KNOW Welbeck is going to score a couple against you! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

We could be looking at a rugby score

Then a new manager? Neil Lennon?

I heard LV was heard shouting in the dressing room. Probably something along the lines of ‘I gave up a reputation and career to come here. What have you done to me’.

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably, but the Hammers played really well against Liverpool. If fat Sam can be persuaded to leave Nolan and Carroll out of the side when they’re fit, I could see us giving a few decent sides problems this season, as Valencia and Sakho both offer skill and pace up front.

First time in ages that I haven’t wanted to hit myself with hammers, while watching the hammers. It was a really entertaining game, and great performance. Hopefully Andy C. keeps up his injury proneness, as cannot see how he is going to fit in.

binners

Don’t forget the Gunners…..you just KNOW Welbeck is going to score a couple against you!

Theres a certain inevitability to that, isn’t there? I reckon even Andy Carrol could put one past that defence though. Imagine how demoralising it is for De Gea? He’s got absolutely no protection in front of him at all!

Jamie
    Free Member

He’s got absolutely no protection in front of him at all!

You talking about his hands?

#bantz!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Organisation takes time..he just needs time

IMHO the players, as individuals, are not that bad it is collectively they are poor

Only Rafael was a first choice last year and they look like what they are …complete strangers

It will get better but it does need some serious class in the middle of defence with one if not two signings

I would have rojo play there [ he cannot be worse than Bleckett or smalling] with fat boy shaw out left

fear for shaw if he wont play him currently

Jamie careful now you are down to 5 at the back yourself now and winter is coming 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie careful now you are down to 5 at the back yourself now and winter is coming

Why do you think I am getting my digs in now?

We have the Saints tonight in the League cup, and it was quite noticeable that a few of our U21 squad, who should played last night, didn’t feature. So looks like it’s the kids playing tonight in defence. In order to try and preserve Gibbs, BFG, Kos and Chambers.

Arsenal, like Man U, have no defence. I could have cried watching Kompany, Mangala, Terry and Cahill at the weekend.

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY clearly you know and follow the team closely and I don’t disagree with much of what you’ve posted but …

Moyes was chastised for saying he wanted to make Utd hard to beat but he was right, that’s where ManU were then and they are worse now. LVG needs to stop them being easy to beat. I really don’t understand the transfer focus on forwards and midfield.

JY you are also right about Shaw, he’s clearly upset the club upon his arrival. If he’s done something wrong he needs to work to correct that (fitness or I suspect an attitude issue) but IMHO if he has some balls and he’s not in the team by Christmas he should put in a transfer request.

binners

I honestly thought, or at least hoped, that LVG’s first signing was going to be

As he knows him, he’s a bloody great player, and its the position we need someone more than anywhere. This mornings papers are saying United, Liverpool and Arsenal (none of whom have a defence worthy of the name) are all after him in January. Here hoping he fancies working with his old boss

binners

JY you are also right about Shaw, he’s clearly upset the club upon his arrival. If he’s done something wrong he needs to work to correct that (fitness or I suspect an attitude issue)

He’s a bit too fond of the pies, apparently. A weakness I fully understand. But then no-ones paying me 100 grand a week to avoid Greggs

Junkyard
    Free Member

who cares if he eats pies he is better than the alternative

Moyes wanted us to ONLY be hard to beat.
    LVG has gone to far the other way at present but we also forget that of that team on Sunday 6 were new players – including Blacket in my counting.

They also need time to gel – its harder to do this at the back than at the front ….clearly

I could have cried watching Kompany, Mangala, Terry and Cahill at the weekend.

No one made you watch the bore draw 😉

SIDEBAR:
    Why is wenger so reluctant – you seem ot have th emoney and yet he seems to want to collect lightweight [ literally small players] midfielders with flair and pace. He need some steel in the team

Jamie
    Free Member

SIDEBAR:
    Why is wenger so reluctant – you seem ot have th emoney and yet he seems to want to collect lightweight [ literally small players] midfielders with flair and pace. He need some steel in the team

I think he’s just a hoarder.

Anyway, I’m off to pop some cheese on my sore muscles.

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY I think 6 (or even 11) new to ManU players are supposed to beat a newly promoted team at home especially when 3-1 up. I honestly think ManU have gone backwards under LVG.

Arsenal haven’t had a proper enforcer since Vierra (skinny and tall vs skinny and short)

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal haven’t had a proper enforcer since Vierra

Gilberto Silva came after Viera.

Anyway. Let’s talk about Spurs not having their first shot on target till the 71st minute against West Brom at the weekend 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

I honestly think ManU have gone backwards under LVG.

I am sure if we keep trying i will find a subject where I do not find your view to be ludicrously at odds with reality 😉
    I shall tick football form the list what shall we try next ?

Said tongue in cheek but Behave – they need a bit of time for sure but half the issue has been solved and they need time to gel IMHO at the back.

Moyes lacked the swagger and the team played all wrong now all we need to do is defend. Its is a project in the making but you cannot say he has not improved the team – then again so would Moyes with £150 million

Spurs – the silent neighbour 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Spurs – the silent neighbour

Soon to be the homeless neighbour 😀

hora
    Free Member

How about Vicente del Bosque to replace Louis? I reckon LVG has got till Christmas. Three more bad results though? Who knows.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is Hora having his own thread here?

Well played Jamie

My brother is a spurs fan – switched in 82 [ that sort of time ish] from man u when they won the FA cup ….worst decision ever

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY the laws of statistics would say eventually we will. I think you and I agree we a strong well funded NHS and excellent state education, its just the route to achieving that we differ on.

I feel for Moyes, he wasn’t respected by the club as he should have been. I really do think the slide is worsening.

Spurs (Levy) never really appreciated what a great result finishing 5th is/was. Must get myself a match sorted soon.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dunno. I seemed to have trained myself to skim past it.

hora
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazyeyes

Come on, wake up. Do you think LVG is showing he knows what hes doing at Man U yet? Give it two more losses or 1 draw, 1 loss and then lets dance, me and you, cheek to cheek, cha-cha :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

Looks like you are not alone but I could not see who he was engaging with/replying to

JY the laws of statistics would say eventually we will

True 8)

thanks for taking it as humour

I agree spurs performed as well as could be expected tbh and they had a chance to get 4 th as pool and man u imploded

Man u are better [ though still in a keegan style] they just need time

Moyes was harmed by two major factors IMHO

1. Martinez improved everton both in style and results so this made Moyes look worse than he did when he signed

2. Man U played utter shit – not even having a go stuff and he did not seem to get teh Man U way or be up to the task of being favourites – ie he could make a poor ish team hard to beat he could not make a team world class

dragon
    Free Member

My brother is a spurs fan – switched in 82 [ that sort of time ish] from man u when they won the FA cup ….worst decision ever

Really? Sure success has sparser than at ManU by a fair old way but it’s not awful compared to the majority of professional football teams. Plus we’ve had some brilliant players along the way (some donkeys mind).

I think all the 4th place chasers look dodgy at present, you only have to look at the weekends results to see none of them impress.

ManU will loose again with that back four, they are rubbish. Not helped by Rooney who as a midfielder has no positional or defensive sense at all. Watch the amount of times he fails to track runs or correctly pass people on. He was rubbish at it all last season, took that great form to the England v Italy match where he was awful again, and continued it this season. Best thing LVG could do is drop him forever, but as a supporter of a different club though I hope he doesn’t 😆

binners

You know when a toddler wants to create a shock factor by running into a room and shouting POO-PANTS at the top of his voice. Thats Hora on a football thread, basically

Rockape63
    Free Member

I hear there is one on Saturday

yep 5.30pm….spose thats BT sport then? Good job Ive got that!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.