• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • nick1962
    Free Member

United saving themselves for Europe surely? Ooops sorry 🙂
    Only one trophy to play for now so their season won’t be over till January….

Cletus

Burnley will love having Manyoo as the visitors on Saturday.

Di Maria must be wishing he had stayed in Madrid.

Gary_C

Next on the list of interesting, unfamiliar new experiences: a relegation scrap?

Aye. Starting with a six pointer against the Dingles on Saturday.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Next on the list of interesting, unfamiliar new experiences: a relegation scrap?

Who you gonna call?

spud-face

If van Gaal can limp on until winter, that’ll give Keane ample time to usurp Lambert, alienate everyone at Villa, get the flick, walk the dog a bit and be primed for a bullish homecoming to United.

Saccades
    Free Member

mleh, men vs boys, only 1st team player was de gea (behind shit) and evans (first game since april?)

obvious as to blacket jumping keane in rating (who is a lazy plum disaster waiting to happen (repeatedly).

wilson and perrira (sp) looked handy, we struggled once kagawa went off.

maddening though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Obviously the plan with Di Maria is for him to score 5 each match so they are at least in with a chance of a draw.

jambalaya
    Free Member

mleh, men vs boys

@saccades
    , there was a time when Man U’s boys would have been good enough to get a result against Milton Keynes

martinhutch

It’s not as if they’re even in Europe so have to rotate the first team. Perhaps Van Gaal thought there was a fair chance that even the first team would get beaten, which would be more disastrous in terms of morale.

When does the window close – is there any prospect of buying a couple of decent centre backs?

Nobby

It’s not as if they’re even in Europe …..

…….. is there any prospect of buying a couple of decent centre backs?

There’s one of their problems – the best players want Champions League football and they ain’t getting it at Old Trafford.

According to the radio last night, Di Maria even said he’d not wanted to leave Real either. Bodes well.

martinhutch

is there any prospect of buying borrowing a couple of half -decent centre backs?

FTFM…

Anyhow, I’m a City fan so finding their discomfort both amusing and strangely familiar at the same time.

MSP

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well 2 from 9pts after grinding out a tough draw at Burnley, not looking like vintage season especially if the penalty claims are not going in favour of the reds….

Lets see if they can do a Leeds 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal have won two trophies since Man United last won a competitive game.

zippykona

Please let them still be rubbish when the hammers play them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Please let them still be rubbish when the hammers play them.

Pffft! You have Alex Song now. Any team should be a walkover now.

rogermoore

Is he a die-hard X-Factor fan or something?
    RM.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It’ll take time but UTD will be back!

I didn’t say how long…

Or how much…

👿

Thought they played better in defence but didn’t create any chances.
    2-3 players were asleep.

boxelder

Is Dzecko still laughing? Stoked.

boxelder

Arsenal fans feeling at all ‘foxed’?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Utd are spending big because, I suspect, they’re terrified the sponsors will run for the hills if they fail to get into the UCL next year.

or they could end up doing “a Leeds*”. please please please do “a Leeds” 😉 MOT

* spend more on the gamble of UCL qualification than you can realistically afford, and fail to qualify. spend ridiculous figures on overpriced players… er… yes, as I was saying… spiral into debt and fall two divisions over 4 years. get bought out of admin then put back into admin and bought again by the same person who once swore he’d destroy the club… I suspect the 15 point deduction wouldn’t happen to this lot though.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

In other news – that Mario Balotelli is pretty good at defending corners – who knew?

binners

There’s only really Leeds that are capable of ‘doing a Leeds’.

Despite the Glazers best efforts, the United Brand is worth billions. Leeds? 20 lambert & butler and a packet of Space Raiders and it’s yours

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Liver (cough) pook played well today.

weeksy

Liver (cough) pook played well today.

not possible, they’re going to plummet back to 7th now suarez has gone as he was the only thing making them a decent side… they were dropping out of the top 4 and had bought no-bodies.

Or something like that anyway

😉

stoffel
    Free Member

Interesting weekend of football. Utd not suprising anyone by being a bit crap, City suprising everyone by losing at home to Stoke, Chelse winnin aemphatically away, Arsenal being the traditionally frail Wenger side with no decent midfeiled general to boss things like Viera used to, and Spurs being shit. Liverpool were ok but not brilliant, and Balotelli needs to find his scoring head/boots. Martinez will be annoyed at how many Everton conceded; 6 at home is terrible.

Despite the Glazers best efforts, the United Brand is worth billions.

The ‘brand’ will becomeincresingly devaluedif Utds slump continues for another season. Far fewe Utd shirts down here in London, indicating that the ‘brand’ is no longer al that deisrable to the casual followers. UTd have secured long term investmnet which will help them, but really need to turn things rond uickly, and there’s no current indication that they know how/will be able to. Payng £60 millin for Di Maria smacksofdesperation andpanic; Sanchez cost Arsenal a lot less and is arguably a better striker. There will be a ‘Man Utd tax’ apliked to any player they sign. And they’ll end up with a lot more Kagawas.

binners

I’ve been saying it for years (as have most United fans) that this mess has been in the post since the Glazers re-mortgaged the club. It was inevitable. Years of buying mediocre squad players. Now we’ve got virtually nothing but! 60 million for Di Maria was just blind panic! God knows how much we’ll spaff before the end of the transfer window

But this has been a long time coming, and its going to take a long time to sort out. Van Gall is starting from scratch. And the Glazers are still there, making the club for all its worth. It really all just demonstrates (should anyone have doubted it) just how good Fergie was!

We were awful on Saturday. As we have been for a long time. The only redeeming feature is that Arsenal looked toothless, City looked flat, and Spurs were bloody awful! Chelsea will walk it on this weekends form.

I’ve just had a bet (with a delusional Liverpool fan) on the 3rd place team finishing a minimum of 15 points behind Chelsea and City

weeksy

I’ve just had a bet (with a delusional Liverpool fan) on the 3rd place team finishing a minimum of 15 points behind Chelsea and City

I’ll have some of that too.

stoffel
    Free Member

City and chelsea are kicking on from last season, and will hope to improve inany weak areas with their new signings (such as scoring for Chelsea!), Brendan Rodgers will be rebuilding things following Suarez’ departure, but seems to have a very good formula, and Arsenal will simply stay the same typically frail Arsene Venger side; lots of skill, bt not enough steel to really dominate tems who provide tough opposition. Spurs should be better under Pochetino, but don’t actually know how to win stuff as they have no recent experience of doing so. Everton will continue to be ‘plucky’ battlers capable of causing a few upsets. Utd? They need to concentrate on not slipping any lower than last season. Someone like Swansea, Southampton or Even Villa might come nipping at their heels!

And the Glazers are still there, making the club for all its worth.

Utd will have struggled to buy anyone without theGLazers’ involvment. they’re the reason Utd continued to remain successful until very rcently. And if you don’t like them, why not go and suport FC United instead? 😉

muggomagic

Falcao is off to Man U on loan! Pretty funny that they’ve replaced RVP before Arsenal have. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

RVP is coming back to Arsenal. Harry Redknapp told me out of his window.

…Man U must be getting very near to the limits of FFP now.

muggomagic

Harry loves transfer deadline day. It’s like he gets 3 birthdays a year.

Arsenal don’t need Falcao or RVP when they have Sanogo up front.

EDIT: Man U will no doubt sell a few today. Don’t forget they lost a lot of big earners at the end of last season with Ferdinand vidic and evra all leaving.

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal don’t need Falcao or RVP when they have Sanogo up front.

Sanago could be a talent, I see him as the next Kanu, but he needs to go out on loan for a bit to get some experience.

He should not be leading the line for Arsenal. This is not an indictment of the player, more Wenger for putting him there.

muggomagic

Agree that it’s not fair on him, you can see when how hard he’s trying and how frustrated he’s getting when things don’t come off in a game for him. Surely Arsenal aren’t going to stake their title aspirations on him for the next few months while Giroud is out. You should have signed a class act like Ulloa.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Falcao is off to Man U on loan! Pretty funny that they’ve replaced RVP before Arsenal have.

Not sure how he’ll sort their frail defence. Maybe LVG is a member of the concede 3, score 4 school of thought. I guess with Shaw, Herrera and Blind in the team they might be a tougher team to beat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe LVG is a member of the concede 3, score 4 school of thought.

I’d love it if that were true, LOVE IT!!!!

Do we need a what Utd have won under the Glazers fact check?

Jamie
    Free Member

Surely Arsenal aren’t going to stake their title aspirations on him for the next few months while Giroud is out.

I’m going to go with yes. We are.

I think it’s safe to say Wenger is not taking the transfer deadline seriously.

He’s gone to Rome to referee at Match For Peace.

Not sure how he’ll sort their frail defence. Maybe LVG is a member of the concede 3, score 4 school of thought. I guess with Shaw, Herrera and Blind in the team they might be a tougher team to beat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wenger refereeing? The man who sees nothing!

The manager probably has very little to do in the course of the final deals at a big club. It’s all down to the money men.

binners

Do we need a what Utd have won under fergie, and despite the Glazers fact check?

FTFY 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

The manager probably has very little to do in the course of the final deals at a big club. It’s all down to the money men.

In most case I would agree. In Arsenal/Arsene’s case, it’s a big fat nope. He has final say.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.