• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • zippykona

Still only a point above West Ham.

boxelder

Still only a point above West Ham

Didn’t realise some clubs weren’t allowed to be considered decent enough to be measured alongside. Must mean Liverpool, Arsenal etc are really in a bad way.

boxelder

Where’s that wheel polish?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Just going back to the first post on this thread ..

the thing I find funny is that United have shorter odds of winning the title than liverpool

Just goes to show what we all know anyway. The bookies usually know what they’re talking about. I’ve got a tenner on with a scouser in the office, from the start of the season, that normal service will be resumed, and we’ll finish more than 12 points above them. That’s looking pretty safe right now 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Wa hey!

Played well considering the injury list!

Liverpool hammered them last year but good to see Utd come through!

martinhutch

Let the thread rise once more…

Shaping up to be an interesting afternoon at OT. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Great assist by De Gea

martinhutch

Not the expected top defensive display, eh?

EDIT: Jaysus. When that one scores against you, you know something’s not quite right in the set-up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Big man at the back post

Thanks Moyes

Klunk
    Free Member

offside, by a hair

Junkyard
    Free Member

kompany could have been off for that one but more an orange card than red or yellow.

Lot of city players booked so far wonder what the odds are in a red card?

Bregante

Tomorrow cannot come quickly enough now

8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

that one was off side but who cares

Noisy neighbours shushed [ finally]

stevedoc
    Free Member

Oh that does Mata !!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad MU are winning but have to smile at Gary Neville comments on the Fellaini elbow and Matas offside. Through red tinted glasses!!!

Bregante

😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Happens on internet fora too 😉

stevedoc
    Free Member

RED REVENGE

martinhutch

That’s been coming all season. Will be interesting to see if the owners start operating the usual revolving door policy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ATP 😀

stevedoc
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure sacking the manager helps City tbh ….though it has helped us…finally

stevedoc
    Free Member

Carrick returns home tonight and emptys his pockets ,car keys ,wallet, Yaya Toure

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Old Louis was a bit bitter yesterday.

It’s only goals that matter, but we were the best team with the best performce ever.* Err, does that make sense?

* broad summary

tiggs121
    Free Member

Sadly Mourinho is quite good at planning a game and his players are good at making it work. He was quite content to let Man U have most of the ball but restricted them to few chances.

Boring to watch but I suspect he won’t care too much.

Still not sure why Di Maria or Falcao were signed? Maybe had van Gaal had started the season with Mata, Carrick with Rooney up front as well as a system the players could understand things might have been different.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@binners my £10 bet with you (and JY) not finishing in the top 4 isn’t looking so daft so far is it ?

Binners, how do I send you your winnings.

JY, You corrected me to say your bet was honorary, if you disagree you can drop me an email.

binners

If you could nip into Greggs and get gift vouchers, that’d be great thanks.

Also got to collect on a bet with a Scouse mate who foolishly thought they’d be above us and top 4. I said they’d be nowhere near the top 4 and at least 15 points behind Chelski (though everyone else ended up being so as well)

MSP

Still not sure why Di Maria or Falcao were signed?

They both have good track records, Falcao has done surprisingly bad happens sometimes. Di Maria is a good individual player but has always been a bad decision maker with the ball.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you could nip into Greggs and get gift vouchers, that’d be great thanks.

Today I have learnt that Gregg’s do gift cards and e-vouchers 😯

e-voucher is easiest, is that acceptable ?

MSP

Hernandez returning to united. I could see him getting around 20 goals a season for teams like Southampton or Swansea, but always being a sub for the very top teams.

muggomagic

Falcao has done surprisingly bad happens sometimes.

Apparently Chelsea are interested in Falcao, which no doubt means he will sign for them and rip every other team in the premier league apart next season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

JY, You corrected me to say your bet was honorary, if you disagree you can drop me an email.

No it was just mates banter in my world rather than a genuine bet
    Fair play for being honest enough to bring it up though [ I had forgotten tbh] but I consider it settled .
    I think we did it because others were more crap rather than because we were good though.

Falcao looks dire – I cannot see that anyone would want him tbh unless it was very cheap.

Di maria looked world class for a few games

Both the biggest flops this season in the entire league [ though pool come close but their players were at least cheaper]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Falcao is a terrific striker, not sure why it didn’t work out for him, but it happens sometimes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Falcao was a super striker
    Think Owen before his knee injury etc

perhaps some confidence will change him but he was poor and i cannot see how any team would be willing to pay £40 million and his wages based on what they say at Man u

tiggs121
    Free Member

Still not convinced Van Gaal will bring any success to Old T.

He doesn’t appear to know his best formation or line up…but he has done well elsewhere so I suppose he’ll get another season at least.

Alex Neil on the other hand…..!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Will David De Gea stay?

hora
    Free Member

If Van Gaal finishes 3rd or 4th in 15/16 will he stay?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Frankenstein and Hora, no to both.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I would be surprised if De Gea stays to be honest. You don’t say no to Real Madrid (if the interest is genuine) and he could be their number 1 for ten years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is an Atletcio Madrid man
    That is like Rooney signing for Liverpool

I am not saying it wont happen but he does not support them or even like them hence the delay
    If he was from anywhere else in Spain I would be certain he would go but I am not sure he can bring himself to play for Real as we can be certain they want him and he has said nothing yet.
    Time will tell and its balanced at the minute but I think he will probably leave.
    LvG will do two seasons whatever the results
    The team need to play better next season and get in the top 4 rather than win things…they just need to look more like they could win things.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.