• This topic has 582 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 583 total)
  • Man Utd…
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

The thing that I find funny is that Man Utd have shorter odds for winning the title than Liverpool.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Too many injuries and pathetic attacking.

I hope the manager can turn it around.

Too many mediocre players.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

You can say that they have too many mediocre players, but that’s not far off the squad that won the league not all that long ago. I think it’s more that nobody appreciated just how good Eck was before he retired.

binners

Yeah…. Because Liverpool looked really convincing as title contenders last week. If they’d had their shooting boots on, it’d all have been over 5 minutes into the second half. City or chelski will tear them apart. As will no doubt be demonstrated tomorrow. Same as they will with united!

United look bloody awful! Worse than last season. I hardly thought it was possible. This new formation is a disaster! But don’t let that blind you to how ropey Liverpool look at the back too. They’ll get butchered in Europe!

allthepies
    Free Member

wanmankylung
    Free Member

But don’t let that blind you to how ropey Liverpool look at the back too.

Better than they looked last season.

They’ll get butchered in Europe!

At least they’re in Europe.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

LOL @ allthepies

Come on Utd – it ain’t over till the fat guy sings!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Allegedly Di Maria is going to cost Man Utd £63.9m. I think they need to share that money around rather than spend it on one player.

Jamie
    Free Member

At least they’re in Europe.

It did take a while.

binners

Woeful!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

…For that money, or a bit more money, you could have got Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos, Cesc Fabregas and Filipe Luis. For the same level of money that they’ve spent you could have got those four players into that squad.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29326/9428895/gary-neville-louis-van-gaal-must-not-panic-buy-at-manchester-united

Jamie
    Free Member

Transfer window ain’t over yet, Binnnerz.

Plenty of time to a) strengthen, and b) have the owners take the piss some more.

…anyway, good to have so many ex-members back on the forum.

crouchingpig
    Free Member

It’s so odd, as I had high hopes after following their pre-season. Passing was crisp, one touch, pass.

Now it’s very laboured and hopeless.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s so odd, as I had high hopes after following their pre-season. Passing was crisp, one touch, pass.

Tell me about it, I put Ashley Young into my FF team on the basis of how he played pre-season. All he has done since then is have a bird shit in his mouth and dive.

binners

Depressingly, I read that article Jamie. Just confirms what a lot of us have known for a long time. The glazers have ****ed the club! It’s tragic! I can’t believe what they’ve done is even legal. Buying Di Maria is just blind panic! I just can’t see it making much difference. Not this season anyway.

allthepies
    Free Member

How much did that cost him ? 😯

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Buying Di Maria for £60odd million is ridiculous. They dont need players of that level in that position, then need to buy some defenders.

Jamie
    Free Member

How much did that cost him ?

The bird shit? I think it was on the house.

bamboo
    Free Member

It’s hardly the end of the world for man utd, especially when they are paying upwards of £60m for one player. Perhaps get a bit of perspective and look at what has happened to clubs like Coventry or even those that now no longer exist before you feel too sorry for yourself – no champions league? Diddums.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Perhaps get a bit of perspective and look at what has happened to clubs like Coventry or even those that now no longer exist before you feel too sorry for yourself – no champions league?

One can only dream.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno, you’d have to say an away draw at Sunderland was a good result for a mid-table side. I say well done plucky Utd. Top result!!

binners

Not a cat in hells chance of champions league next season. On this form we’ll be lucky to finish top half of the table. We’ve a squad of players, a couple of whom could have any legitimate claim to playing champions league. And a lot who were never ever going to be good enough. But as long as the Glazers keep ripping the money out of the club, and the hedge fund managers keep receiving their extortionate interest payments…..

Jamie
    Free Member

I dunno, you’d have to say an away draw at Sunderland was a good result for a mid-table side. I say well done plucky Utd. Top result!!

spud-face

To lighten the mood, this has probably been done to death, but tickled me (shame it’s a fake Liam account)

Though it may be an idea for Utd fans to organise a picket line at the local nandos to keep Luke out – the saints lads seem to live in their one.

portlyone

We don’t need Di Maria, we need Young, Fletcher and Cleverly to get injured. Maybe the others will pass to their replacements.

#softtouches

andymc06
    Free Member

😆 at that gif Jamie!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

£63.9m fee has been agreed for Di Maria.

Bregante

Even he can’t believe it!

hounslow
    Free Member

If that game is anything to go by, UTD do need a Di Maria type, someone with a bit of energy and a will to attack. They seemed way to slow to go forward and Rooney often resorting to starting a move from deep isn’t great. After Di Maria is in and presuming Rojo doesn’t get arrested they still need another defender and a central/defensive mid. Don’t have to be world class bonkers expensive but solid and willing to work would be a good start.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Awww, didums Utd got pwoblems!
    Have one of ours, FFS! –

Jamie
    Free Member

Note to self: Visit FlamingoLand.

nick1962
    Free Member

All this talk of a record breaking transfer for the Argentinian Di Maria reminds me of that other record breaking Argentine Utd signed, a great player with trophies and success throughout the world..a flop in the premier at Man U though 😉

boxelder

They’ll come good(ish) and finish 4th

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Being from the NE this is one of those tough moral problems, I never like to see Sunderland get a point at all but it is Man U….

I’m sure they will come good, probably and might do another manager swap when the fans get all grumpy again.

eruptron
    Free Member

nick1962 – Member

All this talk of a record breaking transfer for the Argentinian Di Maria reminds me of that other record breaking Argentine Utd signed, a great player with trophies and success throughout the world..a flop in the premier at Man U though

I thought Utd had never spend any money on transfers and it was only City.

Amazing how the press have convinced people of this. Never a jot mentioned about the spending by Utd,Arse,Chelski and the horrendous amounts spent by liverpool over the last couple of seasons.

I for one hope Utd continue to be kak 😈

RicB

Things do look a bit bleak – shame considering the good pre-season they had.

Agree with comments re Clev, Failani and Young but I think Fletcher could be ok – don’t forget how much football he’s missed in recent seasons because of his illness.

Jones has had some ok games and now doesn’t go to ground too quickly anymore.

I honestly don’t think ute are too far off top4 (between man u and l’pool i think). Blind and de Jong would be great signings and I reckon would tip the top4 finish in our favour.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blind and de Jong would be great signings and I reckon would tip the top4 finish in our favour.

which de jong? Got to be careful which one you get

stoffel
    Free Member

Read that Man U are being told DiMaria will cost them £75 million. 😯

Fascinating to see Liverpool sell one troublesome, temperamental and difficult striker, and buy another troublesome, temperamental and difficult striker! 😀 But if Balotelli can finaly settle down, that could end up being one of the best signings of the season.

nick1962
    Free Member

Fascinating to see Liverpool sell one troublesome, temperamental and difficult striker, and buy another troublesome, temperamental and difficult striker! But if Balotelli can finaly settle down, that could end up being one of the best signings of the season.

Will no doubt be better than their £35 million record breaking signing of Andy Carroll 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

£59.7m fee agreed. The mother of all panic buys! They need defenders! Where’s he going to play if Van Gaal persists with 3 5 2? I can’t see him as a wing back having to defend as well. United now the biggest spenders this summer with the tight arse Glazers spending £132m….times are hard for the world’s greatest club.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 583 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd…’ is closed to new replies.