Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Man up or go home?
  • scaled
    Free Member

Took a bit of a tumble yesterday at Llandegla on some ice (down the wooded gully bit after the berms) Don’t remember dicking my head off anything in particular and managed to finish all the black + new bits.

Felt tired this AM but cycled gently to work OK but now feeling distinctly squiffy/dizzy with a stiff neck and some shakes.

Dunno if I’m just coming down with flu maybe or possibly a suffering from a little concussion that I didnt feel yesterday.

Still on my 3 month probation at work so what does the hive suggest? Man up or cycle home while its still light?

NHS direct of course suggests going straight to A&E, do not pass go, do not collect £200

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

symptoms sound more like flu, but it’s hard to say without knowing how hard you went down and thus how likely it is you might be getting some afters!

If it was me, I’d probably tough it out at work and consider leaving the bike and using public transport if I felt really rank.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d do one, but if you are concerned, is it likely you will die etc through trying to stay on?

If you collapse at work, think of the brownie points!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrighty9696
    Free Member

Wot he said

Prob a cold but doesn’t sound safe cycling home
    Are you sure you don’t want to see a doc though?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

A&E when you finish work. Unless you get noticeably worse.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Did you check your helmet? If you’ve sustained a head injury then you should be able to see clear evidence of the impact on the helmet’s structure – there will be compressing of the polystyrene or cracks in the plastic outer.

mrchrist

I had a similar thing last year…. felt hungover and tired. Went to A&E 48 hours aftr hitting my head and was told i had consussion.

Got signed off work for a week too.

As the others say go to A&E and get checked out.

alfabus
    Free Member

if you’ve got the shakes, don’t ride home… its not worth the risk.

can one of your new colleagues give you a lift home, or to A&E if you want to get checked out.

I got taken away from work in an ambulance on my 2nd day – I had food poisoning and kept blacking out due to ludicrously low blood pressure and blood sugar. It made such an impression on them (they knew I wasn’t faking) that they waived their rule about no sick pay while on probation 🙂

Dave

scaled
    Free Member

I didn’t check my helmet at the time and left it in the back of my mates van yesterday 🙁

Rode to work with a spare helmet. Looks like the bus home is going to be the best option.

I’m off to the hospital tomorrow for an unrelated matter so I’ll MTFU in the mean time.

If i do collapse then i’ll go for the brownie points and the Ambo exit.. Used to be a radio engineer for the Northwest Ambulance Service so will probably know the crew ferrying me 😉

DrP

A&E when you finish work[/u]…

Is this the best way to approach the Emergency Department…??!!

DrP

scaled
    Free Member

I’d say its definitely flu… Every joint in my body is aching.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Man up or go home?’ is closed to new replies.