Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Man U (and Evertonians)….
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

….this Fellaini bloke, what is the point? Wanders round. Fouls a lot and seems to slow any forward momentum immediately. Constant lay offs tonight just held MU up tonight, and in effect he just “took up space” all night. Oh, and then a silly sending off.

Don’t get it?

allthepies
    Free Member

Awesome hairdo though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

I’ve just switched over to see Young’s dive.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Aye, he’s gash. Will get the odd goal from a set piece and is marginally more effective than Cleverly.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The penalty was an awful decision, really bad.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In addition to him getting in the way, I was puzzled by how many times players ran after the ball instead of running into space. Just seem to crowd each other out. Is there a danger that they as trying to catch up with Barca passing stats instead of just playing football?

Garry_Lager

Great player, although it’s true similar questions were asked when he first joined Everton. Part of it is he has a languid demeanour, which belies a tremendous work-rate and confuses the Teds. Check out Fellaini’s stats over a season to see if he ‘wanders around and slows forward momentum’ during a game. It is to laugh. He does dish out the fouls, that cannot be argued with.
    He’s also not the easiest guy to slot into a system – he’s too skilled to just sit in front of the back 4 and destroy stuff, and while he puts a big shift in he’s not fast enough to be up and down all game.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Like the entire midfield [ Carrick aside] he is just not good enough.
    He is slow and ponderous when Man u should play with pace and flair – we have not got the players to do this though so not just his fault.

Its really poor to see Young [ he seems the worst though most teams/players do it] go down with the lightest touch and it was never a penalty in a million years

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Garry I used to admire him at Evwrton but just seems out of place at Man U. Hard to see what his role was tonight.

Youngs dive was poor but MU should have won before then IMO.

eruptron
    Free Member

In more important news!! City won 5-2 and the Beast got a hat-trick 😉

binners

He’s shite!

Youngs inability to stay on his feet when anyone comes within 3ft of him is an embarrassment. He’s like a smaller Drogba. Which I suppose is ok if you play for Chelsea…

There was no pace tonight. At all! If you’re going to play the Afro-haired one, then not as a holding midfielder. Let him bomb forward! It’s not like they looked threatening on the break.

* I’m hoping that me saying this now means he hits a rich stream of form and gets 3 consequitive 4 goal stunners

scaredypants

why “the beast” ? (I’d assumed you meant Aguero – or Tevez previously)

eruptron
    Free Member

scaredypants Negredo. Aguero only got 2 🙂 but his all round play was awesome.

scaredypants

scaredypants Negredo

Yeh – why, though? As I said, I’d have texpected Aguero (or Tevez)

eruptron
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    scaredypants Negredo
    Yeh – why, though? As I said, I’d have texpected Aguero (or Tevez)

Negredo was tagged the ‘The Beast of Vallecas’ because of the working class district of Madrid in which he was brought up.
    The 6ft 1in marksman said: “It’s a nickname I like. It was given to me while I was playing in Spain, so I hope the fans can call me that over here as well.
    A nickname City fans will gladly give him because his work rate is fantastic he puts him about and look mean as f*!k 🙂

jimmy

Fellaini looks slow because of his lankiness, but when he gets in his stride he’s no slouch. Fitted in at Everton but not good enough to be MU’s second most expensive signing (behind Wayyyyne).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just watched the game with my neighbour, said much the same thing, not a Man U style or quality player. Buying him makes Moyes look desperate. Clueless in getting himself sent off.

Youngs is leading the dive of the season so far. I honestly thought the ref was booking him not awarding a penalty.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Young is leading the dive of the season so far. I honestly thought the ref was booking him not awarding a penalty.

Me too!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

nah the ref was clearly giving a penalty but it was more a booking than it was a penalty- ref got it wrong

Haze

Young clearly has no shame, pathetic again.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I don’t understand why Fellaini was left on so long. After his first yellow card and then still looking as if he’d foul again, why not bring him off and negate the risk? Surely the odds were high on a second yellow at some stage? Still………….easy to be wise after the event I guess, and it wasn’t a game changer in the end.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It was a good thing Fellaini was sent off, it means he cannot play next time.

Moyes has to be careful here, Fellaini is “his man” and it doesn’t look like a good buy at all. Fabregas vs Fellaini – hum. Ozil to Arsenal.

LapSteel
    Free Member

I’ll wait and see with Fellaini, lots of players come to United and look rubbish in their 1st year and then next season are the best thing since sliced bread.
    Young’s dive was awful…I think Robin missed the penalty on purpose out of embarrassment!

Junkyard
    Free Member

lots of players come to United and look rubbish in their 1st year and then next season are the best thing since sliced bread.

Thats true for many clubs fro players who come from abroad.
    Its not really the case when someone has moved 25 miles down the M62

As i said you cannot really judge him as the entire midfield is pish and unsettled but he was not the kind of played Man U needed. they needed a creative midfielder who could pass and open up teams not another water carrier

jambalaya
    Free Member

Young’s dive was awful…I think Robin missed the penalty on purpose out of embarrassment!

excellent

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I don’t understand why Fellaini was left on so long. After his first yellow card and then still looking as if he’d foul again, why not bring him off and negate the risk? Surely the odds were high on a second yellow at some stage?

Agreed.

On a more positive note, old Rooney worked his little cotton socks off last night. And showed a good combination of strength and ability not gobs wound up like he used to. Very mature performance.

But I smiled when he was in the tunnel and he reached down to hold the hand of the little girl who looked v relieved that she was actually with bloke behind!!! But I find his whole mascot thing a bit stupid anyway.

binners

Didn’t we used to have another midfielder who constantly mistimed challenges and got carded pretty much every match? Little ginger fella? I seem to remember he was a bit handy! 😀

RicB

Yea but Scholes could pick out a pass and deliver it pin-point over 40yds. Hairdo just passes it sideways. Slowly.

I’ll admit I’ve questioned a few Man U players and been proved wrong. Carrick, Ole, Ronaldo (hopeless in his first season – they played better without him), Schmeichel etc all took a few seasons to settle in.

But Hairdo reminds me of Berbatov in his uncanny ability to rob an attacking move of all speed. Fergie ditched Berba for eaxctly this reason.

I think it was a panic buy. Can’t seen any other reason to buy him, never mind for almost £30m. Crazy

martinhutch

Comfort blanket for Moyes. Performed well in a solid defensive-minded set-up at Everton, Moyes perhaps hoping that he would shore things up nicely at Utd to avoid a losing opening streak.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Man U (and Evertonians)….’ is closed to new replies.