Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Man Smells (Aftershave/EDT)
  • RustySpanner

I’ve got a bottle of Eau de Colon I can sell you Raggatip.

It’s called Choux de Bruxelles Surprise, by Methane.
    Very popular on Boxing day in our house.

TiRed

Paul Smith, usually on offer. 1 Million. Both are reasonably light and last. I have dry skin. Other skins types will give different odours. And I only apply AFTER showering.

Del

rather fond of dior homme sport and vera wang. recently got some dior homme, which makes a nice change. takes a little time to develop. all ‘seem’ to last to me but it’s possible i just stink and my mates are too polite to tell of course. 😐

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edhornby

I had a bottle of Gucci for men and it used to last well and was VERY effective 😉

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’ve commissioned my own:
    WOOD by DSquared2

Gets lots of attention from the women. I put this down to the smell rather than my smouldering good looks.

bearnecessities

Well I tried a lot of the suggestions thank you; many of which I’d buy, but plumped for the first suggestion oddly, Bleurrgh De Chanel.

Bloody lovely and stands the endurance test. Bit steep for 100ml, but you get what you pay for I guess!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Dunhill for special occasions.
    Paul Smith every day wear.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

+1 for the following that have been mentioned:

Aqua di parma
    Lime, basil and mandarin – Jo Malone

gonzy
    Free Member

my usual smells are Hugo by Hugo Boss, L’Eau d’Issey by Issey Miyake, Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss, Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier and Cool Water by Davidoff. i have tried many other but always seem to go back to those as my smell of choice.

ourmaninthenorth

So, here’s a question that I hope STW can answer:

Why are pretty much all scents available branded by the large fashion houses? I mean, there are plenty of perfumiers (like Fragonard in France – actually, any of the Grasse lot), but we never see anything own label for sale.

Drac

It’s good stuff isn’t it a 100ml will last you ages unless you bath in it.

spacemonkey

I got a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed, and it is awesome. Lasts all day and then some, and was Oliver Reed and Sean Connery’s fragrance of choice, so its gotta be cool aint it

My favourite. It really does elevate man to another state of scentliness.

Second fav is Creed Himalaya.

If anyone is serious about buying any Creed scents on the cheap then pls check you’re receiving the genuine item as I’m sure all copies will be nowhere near as pokey.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The original Kenzo (bamboo/curved green bottle)
    Light citrus with hints of melon – very subtle and certainly gets commented on in the right way 😉

bearnecessities

It’s good stuff isn’t it a 100ml will last you ages unless you bath in it.

Yeah, really like it cheers! A lot of the other suggestions were also very good; especially others in the Chanel range.

Hammy, lense went first class this morning 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

:-))

teasel
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware perfumes will go off once you crack them open, so to speak. There is a guideline use by on the packaging somewhere and, although I’m not suggesting you bin it if it’s out of date, just be aware that the smell can alter in an almost imperceptible manner due to the slow and subtle breakdown of the different molecules involved due to heat and light (store in a cool dark place, obviously). I’m sure Globalti can add to this or even dispel it as myth perpetuated by the perfumeries.

I’m not saying they all turn nasty, some may become more to your liking, others not so much…

DrJ

What nobody seems to have said is that perfumes smell different on different people, so what smells good on you may smell like old drains on me, and vice versa.

Having said that, my current faves are Narciso Rodriguez and Zadig et Voltaire.

BoardinBob

Creed Green Irish Tweed

househusband
    Free Member

Based upon the suggestions in this thread I bought some Vera Wang on eBay and it was waiting for me when I got home. Different scents do indeed smell different on different people and I do like this one; reminds me of ‘Obsession’ but less cloying and heavy.

Thanks y’all.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Man Smells (Aftershave/EDT)’ is closed to new replies.