Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Man nipples and the speed of evolution
  • camo16
    Free Member

I don’t mind my arms/legs/rear aching. I refocus, MTFU and remember that pain is an evitable part of (the cycling) life. But when something as pointless as a man nipple chafes in the cold, I can’t help questioning the evolutionary process.

Mankind’s been around for ages, and still this avoidable problem persists.

So, will guys ever evolve beyond man nipples?

LapSteel
    Free Member

No

molgrips
    Free Member

No, it’s because we all start off as women as embryos, and we need all the bits to begin with.

All male mammals have them don’t they, so they’ve been there for tens of millions of years. And mankind has only started wearing bib tights in the last century or so.

tazzymtb

I like having man nipples..where else would I put my body piercings?

camo16
    Free Member

All male mammals have nipples?

Damn, it’s a crazy world. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

There is no reason for negative selection as they do no harm so we won’t evolve to not have them.
    The genetic default position is to share characteristics between male and female unless there is a reason not to.

Stoner
    Free Member

We’re stuck with them until there’s an environmental benefit to procreation gifted to the next man to be born without them.

GrahamS

Yep – unless having chafed nipples actually lowers the chance of successful procreation, or somehow renders people incapable of looking after their brood, then evolutionary speaking we are stuck with them.

Still.. evolution has given us inventful brains…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00473REDW

user-removed
    Free Member

I remember being astounded to find my dog has nipples!

camo16
    Free Member

Okay, but now I’m not sure whether to believe ^^^^ or this random posting on Yahoo! answers:

In Ukrainian study we find nipple very good.

Nipple on man get rid of radiation. This why many men live and not die in Ukraine.

We only miss the women 🙁
    Source(s):
    Doctor many year

Dales_rider
    Free Member

NIPPLE FACTS

1./ The more you play with nipples, the bigger they can grow.

2./ Men have nipples because when we’re conceived we don’t have a gender – Your nipples came before your penis.

3./ Joggers’ nipples can affect the way they run – Some men get nipple chaffing, the worst type of chaff known to man. Perhaps, this is why there’s so many shirtless marathon runners.

4./ It really hurts to get nipples waxed

5./ In some cases of extreme stress men can lactate too!

6./ Nipple tassels are not cool on dudes

7./ Some men have a third nipple! 12.5% of people have a third nipple; supposedly, Mark Wahlberg (Marky Mark) is one of them. If you lived in the middle ages and had a third nipple, you were considered a witch and burned at the stake. The third nipple was what the devil or an imp would use to suck blood out of the witch (obviously).

8./ Some men have inverted nipples

9./ Some areolas are hairy – even women’s

10./ Just because they are erect doesn’t mean we’re aroused – Nipples can become hard due to sexual stimulation, but they can also harden due to cold temperatures.

11./ Showing some nip at the gym is bad etiquette – In some gyms, it’s considered extremely rude to have your nipples show while you’re working out. Unless you are a women then its OK

12./ The distance between men’s nipples is 9 inches

13./ Mammillaphobia is the fear of nipples.

14./ Male rats and mice have hormones that suppress nipple growth.

15./ During puberty, males’ nipples sometimes grow – Some guys have enough estrogen flowing through them, that their nipples become puffy and female-like. This chemical imbalance eventual evens out.

16./ Take care of your nipples – Men can get breast cancer too. If you have a persistent itch, pain, or just aren’t comfortable with your nipples consult your doctor immediately!

17./ Most men like having their nipples played with.

18./ A group called Milkmen are fathers that breastfeed

rossi46
    Free Member

Just use gaffer tape- fixes everything 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Count yourself lucky you only have two – think of the people who suffer with the bizarre evolutionary throw back of supernumerary nipples

A girl in our school had an extra one – cant remember her name other than she was called tripple nipple (it was the 80’s – pre anti bullying or political correctness! )

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m assuming this is you:

camo16
    Free Member

tripple nipple

Darwin looks uncomfortable:

camo16
    Free Member

I’m assuming this is you:

😆

Mine are redder and I’d KILL for the ability to grow that level of facial hair.

Moses

9./ Some areolas are hairy – even women’s

Many women have hair on their areolas, but remove it because of social expectations. I remember being extremely put out at the age of 19 when a lady friend proved to have a hairier chest than i did at the time.
    🙂

On t’other hand, 3rd nipples aren’ that uncommon on larger-bosomed women. I’ve met two, which is a large % of the ladies I have studied closely. (I blame the early 70s)

maccruiskeen

where else would I put my body piercings?

Biffin Bridge

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

kayak23

I make mine about 8….or 20.32 centimetres.Mind you, that’s purely from feel through a gilet so I may be out a little. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stop em chafing by using puncture repair patches and glue.

camo16
    Free Member

Male rats and mice have hormones that suppress nipple growth.

So it can be done! Rats and mice are hairy, though – I’m surprised chafing is an issue.

bawbag
    Free Member

Now if women preferred men to have smaller nipples then theoretically the smaller they were the more women you would be able to impregnate. Evolution is affected by female preference possibly more than the environment – see Birds of Paradise or Peacocks.

camo16
    Free Member

Now if women preferred men to have smaller nipples then theoretically the smaller they were the more women you would be able to impregnate.

I have nipples because chicks dig men nipples? That’s just selfish. 😀

GrahamS
    mark90
    Free Member

Just measured mine. Bang on 9″. My nipple’s are 9″ apart too 🙂

theotherjonv

10./ Just because they are erect doesn’t mean we’re aroused – Nipples can become hard due to sexual stimulation, but they can also harden due to cold temperatures.

I’ve often wondered this, because my nips are permanently erect. Sometimes more than others but always out and proud.

I’d always assumed that this is because i am a man, and therefore in a permanent state of semi-arousal. Which can be an issue when taking the kids swimming, admittedly.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

He he if in a state of semi arousal your nipples are the most noticible thing I wouldnt be telling the world about it 🙂

theotherjonv

It’s OK when beach shorts are allowed, but the french speedos only law can be a challenge.

footflaps

11./ Showing some nip at the gym is bad etiquette – In some gyms, it’s considered extremely rude to have your nipples show while you’re working out. Unless you are a women then its OK

🙂

tazzymtb

Biffin Bridge

been there, done that, rubbed like a bugger in skin tight rubber 😀

hallz
    Free Member

17./ Most men like having their nipples played with.

Not sure about that! This quote from Glokta in Joe Abercrombie’s second book of the First Law Trilogy…

“Some women, for reasons I could never fathom, insist on fiddling with them in bed, as though we derive anything but annoyance from having them interfered with.” 😀

I love my nips – and love having them fiddled with by my chick

maccruiskeen

samuri
    Free Member

The more important question is, when will we start growing fannies and lose the ability to read maps?

philbert31
    Free Member

This is quite a good thread!

camo16
    Free Member

when will we start growing fannies and lose the ability to read maps?

😀

Analysts worry that smart phones will make both redundant… I heard, once, somewhere.

This is quite a good thread!

Loving the ‘quite’ there, philbert!

andyl
    Free Member

centre to centre mine are 9 3/4″ apart.

What is the rule for women? I might start a scientific study. Can put up a notice in the arts library in Uni asking for volunteers 😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Man nipples and the speed of evolution’ is closed to new replies.