• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Man Gets 120 Days for Shooting Cyclist in the Head
  • GrahamA
    Free Member

Looks like the UK is not the only country with lax sentencing for people who injure cyclists TreeHugger via Reddit

fisha
    Free Member

unreal. attempt murder in my books.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah, muruka, nuff said.

lyons
    Free Member

amazing

luked2
    Free Member

A friend of mine who both cycles and is American told me he would quite routinely get beer cans thrown at him while he was cycling along. North Carolina, which I don't think is especially redneck.

footstomper
    Free Member

North Carolina, which I don't think is especially redneck.

Drove through there a couple of weeks ago and I can assure you some parts are very Red Neck. The idiots who threw beer cans must be real numpties as its striaght to jail just for drinking in a car (this includes the passengers).

cookeaa

I like the follow up comments bellow the article, the whole thing makes the Daily Mail and their readership look like progressive, lefty wimps…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Who says helmets don't save your life? 😯

MRanger156
    Free Member

I hope someone shoots him when he gets out.

njee20
    Free Member

Their comments are actually a fair bit more 'anti-cyclist' than ours. They also come across as much more retarded, which is hardly surprising!

cookeaa

Yep, I now have a mental image of tubby fellas called Bud’ and Buck trawling “Liberal Left” environmentalist and gun control websites looking for topics to troll, guns AND bicycles? Like fly’s round a dung heap…

Kit
    Free Member

From the comments:

Before everybody rushes to judge, maybe we need to know more facts?
    For example, how do we know the shooter wasn't simply being a good citizen who thought he was thwarting a child abduction?

After all, here was a cyclist carrying a small child in a suspicious manner. It wouldn't be the first time a pedophile was known to ride a bicycle. In fact, it makes perfect sense, since pedophiles want to appear non-threatening and childlike. What better way than riding a bicycle? Not every child molester can afford an ice cream truck.

Ya hear – we're all paedos now! 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Man Gets 120 Days for Shooting Cyclist in the Head’ is closed to new replies.