Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Man down on Leith Hill, Surrey.
  • tealeith
    Free Member

I’ve just heard that there’s been a very serious road bike accident on Leith Hill today. I don’t know many details other than that it appears to involve just one road cyclist with no other people involved (bikes or vehicles). It appears the poor chap somehow got caught by a low hanging branch. I can only assume he was at speed when it happened.

It’s around the Windy Gap National Trust car park just beneath the Leith Hill tower on Abinger Road (just outside of Coldharbour village). I only know because I live just along that road myself and have heard from a neighbour. He was airlifted out apparently, the entire road now closed for police investigation.

Extremely freak accident it would appear, I hope he’s ok.

spacemonkey

Shit, that’s a very unusual incident for a roadie. I assume it was on one of the short descents along that stretch? Healing vibes …

tealeith
    Free Member

I’m still at work, I’ll know more tonight when I get back. I can only assume the seriousness of the injury was down to the speed. There’s a fairly steep hill along that stretch that the roadies get up to 30mph+ on.

That speed an lycra ‘aint gonna be good.

whitestone
    Free Member

This is from the Surrey Police incident page -http://www.surrey.police.uk/news/cyclist-sustains-serious-head-injuries-following-collision-in-dorking/

Here’s hoping he pulls through.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Healing vibes.

Has it been windy recently and dislodged some branches or maybe a lorry has broken a branch ? Quite small and narrow roads I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Man down on Leith Hill, Surrey.’ is closed to new replies.