Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Man down!!!!
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Took a hard slam to the ribs yesterday riding a bit of singletrack.

I did the involentary howl from landing on me back and winding meself.

Have been to A&E nothing broken but hurts like hell, any tips for a speedy recovery( I have a pre booked MX tryout day in 2 weeks).

GeForceJunky

Mucho Beer 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

no ribs hurt kike hell and take forever to heal forget 2 weeks IMHO

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I did my rib cage in off a drop,They hurt like hell for weeks,didnt feel right for 6 weeks,Nothing broken,but i had blood when i pi$$ed,and i crushed my spleen.Didnt feel at all good

coogan
    Free Member

Got elbowed in the ribs playing football, nothing broken but couldn’t sleep on that side for weeks. Them and collar breaks hurt like hell. Will take a wee while I’m afraid. Well, in my experience that is.

gusamc
    Free Member

dont laugh, don’t cough

once helped repair a Begian female motorbike racer with similar, tits out, vest on, breathe in, taped up vest with duck tape, very, very tight tight, off she went

nicko74

breathe in, taped up vest with duck tape, very, very tight tight, off she went

I feel that you may be doing us a disservice by focussing predominantly on this part of the story.
    Or am I missing the point?!

steviedog
    Free Member

I have done my ribs in on a number of occasions.
    As mentioned above, do not cough nor laugh. If you must cough then do wimpy little ones.

If you get that feeling that a sneeze is on coming then prepare for pain.

scaredypants

Man down!!!!

The opposite of man up ? 😉

nicko74

And don’t forget – next time it could be a child’s face.
    😯

Flapjack
    Free Member

I went over the bars a couple of weeks ago and took a knock to the ribs. It didn’t seem too bad until last Sunday when I sneezed and nearly passed out in pain! Went to A&E the next day and it turned out I had broken one.
    Still, fully intend to be out on the bike again on Sunday. 😆

robidoo
    Free Member

I know all about coughing and sneezing, man it’s bad!

Funny thing is I was only telling a mate the other day about the news reporter woman treading grapes who falls and howls in pain that was doing the rounds on youtube.

Turned out to be me howling a couple of days later.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You’ll be grand.

Robz
    Free Member

Nothing broken? And your starting threads whinging about it? MTFU!

robidoo
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nobz 😆

flip
    Free Member

MTFU

My Dad was in the Army…

Didn’t do me no harm…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

currently off the bike with cracked ribs and fractured elbow, been about 3 weeks now and the ribs are still sore whenever i do anything, still a bit to go before i can get back riding 🙁

dans160
    Free Member

I have a similar issue to you but with extras. If nothing is broken and going by the last time I did something similar, about three weeks.

Deep heat, baths and trying not to drink too much beer and eat too much crap should help speed things up a little.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Get a grip ya pussy. Pain is mostly psychological, just think how much you want to ride. Detached my collar bone from my shoulder blade and cracked two ribs last May but had already booked a trip to the Pyrenees for July, did some great downhill in Superbagneres. Just man up.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Man down!!!!’ is closed to new replies.