Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Man, do I feel beat up!!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Took my latest creation for a gentle pootle around the Surrey Hills today (btw thanks to Njee et al for setting it up 🙂 ), this being my nichetastic SS 69'er rigid jobbie… Worked out pretty well, bike handled fine with the 29" front, the SS ratio was good (32:16) and all in all an excellent day, around 27km or so of riding in the hot hot sun!

Felt pretty good after the ride, but now, a few hours later, I'm starting to feel it a little! Forearms are noticeably tight, hands are aching and my shoulders feel like they've taken a beating… this rigid malarkey is hard on the body isn't it?!

Fellow rigid riders, do you get used to the beatings? Does it make you a tougher rider? Or just a masochistic one? 🙂

MrSparkle

Yes. Twice.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Been rigid SS for years now (stiff as my mates call it)and it beats you up when the grounds this dry but it makes you into a tougher rider and "A GOD" keep it up 8)

bullheart
    Free Member

Your bike was sex.

psychle
    Free Member

cheers Pete, glad you approve 🙂 Twice I've met you on a ride now, but neither time have I introduced myself, rude of me innit? 😳 Shame ya'll headed off in a 'slow' group, I reckon we'd all have been fine riding together tbh, we took it rather easy and lots of rest stops 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

argh… even sorer this morning 🙁 the pads of my hands (bottom of my thumbs essentially) are particularily tender and 'weak' along with my shoulders… hmmmm, maybe suspension was invented for a reason eh? 😆

njee20
    Free Member

You could fit some gears and sensible forks 🙂

skyhigh_71

I'd recommend you try Ergon grips. You mates might laugh but you'll be much more comfortable. I use on Singular Swift rigid 29er.

bullheart
    Free Member

You're right, we should meet properly 🙂

Let me know when you're next in the Hills and I'll come for a pootle with you fella!

tommid
    Free Member

Been rigid SS for years now (stiff as my mates call it)and it beats you up when the grounds this dry but it makes you into a tougher rider and "A GOD" keep it up

Same here, Just run my fat 2.4 Nobby Nics at a lower pressure on days like these. I find it takes the sting out. Also run a USE Sumo Suspension seat post, stops your arse and back from aching the next day.

psychle
    Free Member

I'd recommend you try Ergon grips

can't use on this bike, wouldn't work on the H-bars! I do use on another one though, they are quite comfortable aren't they 🙂

Let me know when you're next in the Hills and I'll come for a pootle with you fella!

Will take you up on that guv'ner, you based down that way are you?

bullheart
    Free Member

Near enough. And I can get there at the drop of a hat, morning noon and night!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You could fit some gears and sensible forks

LOL!
    😉

psychle
    Free Member

Well, the sensible forks bit might be a good idea with the trails being this rock hard! Not much damping in a set of steel rigids is there? 😆 Quite liked the SS bit though, shall stick with that for a while at least.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Man, do I feel beat up!!’ is closed to new replies.