Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Man (cyclist) stuck in windshield recalls bizarre crash
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Only in America….

Marmoset
    Free Member

The drivers first reaction seemed to be “I’m going to jail” rather than how the victim feels….

It’s just happened in South America as well, there was a story on road.cc about someone who killed a cyclist and drove 6km with him embedded in his windscreen, it was a terrible story – somehow people seem to have lost their understanding about the value of life and far too many people are getting into cars whilst tanked up.
    It’s a big problem over here in Oz, it doesn’t appear to have the social stigma that it did in the UK.

wordnumb
    Free Member

‘Hello, I’m the guy you hit on the bicycle,’ he said.

Pretty good as first lines go.

thepurist

Is that video voiceover done by Siri?

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Also reminds me of this, where a woman got a cyclist stuck in her windscreen and left him to die over a few days in her garage rather than get help.

http://www.fact.on.ca/news/news0203/np020308.htm

wwaswas

A 50-year-old Green Bay man was killed in a similar accident in July 2007, according to Press Gazette Media. Tyrone Ware was struck by a drunken driver while walking on Green Bay’s east side and was left lodged in the car’s windshield overnight. He died instantly of spinal injuries, an autopsy showed.

The driver in that incident, Steven Warrichaiet, was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

he’d have received community service and a 12 month ban in this country and the pedestrian vilified for not wearing a high viz jacket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Man (cyclist) stuck in windshield recalls bizarre crash’ is closed to new replies.