• This topic has 39 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Man Buys Porsche. Porsche Is Lemon.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

….and video is strangely watchable.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY[/video]

racefaceec90

he never would’ve had a problem if he bought a morris minor 😉

chickenman

This is what happens when you let the Greens run Baden-Wurtenburg! 😀

julians
    Free Member

he deserves it, he bought a fast car and is therefore clearly a speedfreak who bought it for one reason only, and is a danger to himself and anyone else in the vicinity.

oh hang on, wrong thread.

Houns

Safe to say after watching that video that I’ll never buy a Porsche

andyl46
    Free Member

Roof bars on a 911. Nice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Did you spot it? Yeah, they replaced the horn, the one **** thing on the car that does work!”

😆

shedbrewed
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – Member

he never would’ve had a problem if he bought a morris minor

As someone who has owned both a Morris Minor and a 911 I would say he probably would have.

Hope Porsche do the decent thing and accept that the car’s a shitter.

amplebrew

After having a list of serious problems with a brand new VW Transporter, I know first hand how upsetting and stressful that situation can be.

I was always under the impression that a 911 was an ‘everyday and easy albeit expensive to live with’ super car; obviously not.

Jamie
    Free Member

Porches Facebook and Twitter feeds are getting interesting.

jonjones262
    Free Member

He should have bought an S3

bigjim

Meanwhile, in Syria…

househusband

I do feel for him. He saved five years for a car that is, indeed, a lemon.

Lets be honest here; if we saved five years, even two, for a bicycle that had as many problems we’d be starting petitions on change.org and posting the link on this very forum.

scaredypants

FFS, are you blind? That Porsche is dark blue, not lemon 🙄

(or rather it’s himalayan midnight blue or possibly damp bellyfluff blue)

tomhoward

Did Molgrips win the lottery? And become Australian?

Houns

😆

mashiehood
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the fella – a few years ago, I too had a mad moment and bought myself a 911. Never again – it also spent considerable amount of time in a Porsche service centre, most if it now a distant nightmare.

Jamie
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in Syria…

You kind of trailed off there. In Syria…?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did Molgrips win the lottery? And become Australian?

GENIUS 😀

ceejay64
    Free Member

Don’t think i want a Porsche anymore 🙁
    Hope he gets his money back poor bugger.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

That car’s a proper lemon!

Poor guy.

samuri
    Free Member

can’t be arsed watching him waffle on. I’d argue that saving 5 years for a porsche is a waste of time.

He could have bought a galactic mileage Skoda straight away.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Porsche should give him his money back or take them to court.

Poor guy.

Should have bought a Beemer 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Or a Honda. That sucker would have kept on running till that guy was on his pension.

robdob
    Free Member

That’s crap. I’ve backed him up on Twitter. I only worked in retail management for 12 years and should know less than the folks at Porsche but I at least know that this issue should have been sorted out a lot quicker.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Putting roof bats on a 911, you deserve everything you get and the dealer is just letting him know that.

Also he has no mates so filming all the defects while driving is such a great idea for safety.

Apart from that I’d be parking it outside the showroom and offering to take people out for demo runs in it until I got my money back.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Something is very odd here. Porsche build quality and customer service is outstanding. I’ve never heard of such a catalogue of issues over many years and with many friends with Porsche’s, there is more to this story than the Aussie guy is telling us.

NZCol

I had roof bars and I’m carriers on mine, why not ?

leffeboy

, there is more to this story than the Aussie guy is telling us.

I would think that as well. Can you get ‘grey imports’ with cars?

legend
    Free Member

Somehow I doubt Porsche North America would be dealing (well, mostly ignoring) with it if it was an unofficial import

legend
    Free Member

P.S. Jamie, where the hell is the associated gif?? You’ve slipped since you came out as a non-mtber 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh bm’d for laters

leffeboy

a bit (lot) of social network pressure and the problem is solved again. There is now a message at the start of the original message saying they have offered the money back
    [video]http://youtu.be/-eXUnZrykDY?t=8s[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjxeyC2W8s[/video]

I get the feeling, part of the deal to get his money back, was to say most of what’s in this video.

End bit is funny, though.

epicyclo

But the big question is -why?

You can barely get a bike and one floozy into one of those, so they are pretty useless. 🙂

Should have bought a Transit.

drlex
    Free Member

The last recited comment is a peach; glad that he had a result. FiL had a 911 that almost spent more time on a low-loader heading back to the dealership than with him driving it.

enfht
    Free Member

He’s lucky he got the outcome he did.

The longer you continue using the car in this situation the easier it is for the vendor to reduce the payout.

Social media pressure was his saving grace.

Edukator
    Free Member

He sounds like Porsche North America’s legal team have put the frighteners on.

mindmap3
    Free Member

He’s a got a better sense of humour than I have! I’d have lost the plot if that was my car!

Sounds like a total nightmare and a joke of a car.

Pook

Something is very odd here. Porsche build quality and customer service is outstanding. I’ve never heard of such a catalogue of issues over many years and with many friends with Porsche’s, there is more to this story than the Aussie guy is telling us.

I have a friend who bought a boxster that pretty much mirrored the kind of issues this guy has had with both car and service.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Man Buys Porsche. Porsche Is Lemon.’ is closed to new replies.